Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Adios, Seattle!

I forgot to mention that I saw Amelia & Emmanuel last night; they were at the house when I got back. They moved out a month or so ago so it was a treat to be able to see them. Things sound like they are going well for them.

Michael cooked breakfast this morning, eggs with asparagus and bacon. The 3 of us had a leisurely breakfast before splitting up and going our separate ways. Michael had a phone appointment, Mary Ellen had to do the final step in moving Interfaith our of its old space and in to a new space, and I had to finish packing.

There were 2 final things I wanted to do, if I could find the time: drop off information for Dr. Sodhi at the Animal Hospital of Lynnwood about the cats and stop in to see the Balas. Dr. Sodhi was easy since he was just a short way down the road from Michael and Mary Ellen. But he wasn't in so I gave the information and photo of the cat run to Lisa at the front desk. She has been the receptionist there ever since we started; she remembered all the cats and thought the cat run was great.
The May 18th photo that I gave Dr. Sodhi.

I then made a run up to Boondocker's; I could stay until 11:15 am before I had to head for the airport. I got to Boondocker's at 10:50 only to find that the Balas took today off because of the Memorial Day holiday! So I ordered pakoras to go so I would have something good to eat on the flight. It was 11:07 when I left. I made it to the Alamo car rental return at 12:25, took a few minutes to get that squared away; then headed for the shuttle bus. I walked to the Delta check-in counter, went through the TSA pre-check, rode the train to the S gates, and walked around looking for gate S-3; I arrived there about 12:47 for my 3:15 flight. Or about 2 & 1/2 hours before my flight, quite a bit early for me, but late for Curtis, who likes to be at the gate at least 3 hours before the departure time. Needless to say the pakoras did not make it on to the plane, they were eaten about 30 minutes after I sat down at the gate.
Pakoras from Boondocker's Restaurant.

I got to see a lot of people on this trip to Seattle, mostly planned, but a couple of surprise encounters. It started with Linda B. in the airport (unplanned), then Aunty Florence, Michael, Louie the Dog, Kyle (unplanned), Jody, Dr. Shaw, Gulshan, Gabriele, Kai, Anne, Catie, Ricky the Dog, Bo, Barbara, Bick, Ron, Therese, Mary Ellen, David, Linda C., Ron, Bobbye, Carole, Micki, Alan, Carriann, Roxanne, Ty, Chris, Barb, Scott, Wakana, Aunty Daisy, Janice, Eleta, Trish, Brienne, Mim, Jim, Alison, Cathy, Karen, John, Brenda (unplanned), Darla, Clarissa, Terri, Beth, Mary, Susan, Jennifer, Sadie the Dog, Ashton, Isaiah, Charlie (by phone), Amelia (unplanned), and Emmanuel (unplanned). I also got to Gregg's memorial, did some business at SnoCOPE, and got my omiyage so it was a very productive trip!

Right now I'm waiting for my flight to Kona to board. I will arrive in Kona about 6:15 pm, by the time I get the rental car, get some groceries, and hit the road, it will probably be very late when I arrive at the house. The trip to the Big Island is primarily to take Uncle Kazu out to lunch for his birthday. But I also want to check in with the contractor and the nursery guys working on making the fruit trees more manageable.

Now that I have a hot spot, posts will be more regular while I am on the Big Island. I won't need to go and sit on the deck at the Kohala Coffee Mill! Or try to see if the library system has been fixed and is running again! At $20 a month I think its a good deal.

Signing off now, pre-boarding begins in about 30 minutes and I want to make a trip to the restroom before they get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment