Saturday, May 13, 2017

Subarus Don't Die

As I was returning from running errands today I passed graffiti that was on the freeway support column on Harding Avenue. In the time I've been back it has gotten cleaned up and painted over a couple of times. Today I saw this, it wasn't there last week.
It's true!

Yesterday the outdoor hose bibs were all replaced. Today I checked on the spray pattern to make sure the things needing water got watered. I have the timer for the front yard set for a little after 6 a.m. When it goes on I can hear it in my bedroom; today some water was also coming in to my bedroom. I adjusted it to only water the places needing water. The one in the backyard goes on about 7 a.m.; it was almost watering the neighbor's car. I adjusted that one also. The one for the strawberries was fine; the drip emitters control the flow, allowing only 1/2 gallon per hour.

Thursday was the one month planting "birthday" of the papayas in the back garden. Today I was looking at them a little more closely. It was easy to see the difference in the new growth, which was thicker and greener. All the papayas are looking very healthy.


This morning I picked up 2 lei for Jessica, she graduates on June 2nd. (It seems like just a couple years ago that I met her when she was 6 years old!) The lei are actually for Margaret & Vivian to give to Jess. In Hawai'i we give lei at graduations; sometimes the lei are piled so high you can't see the  graduate's face. I looked it up online and found that Ewen-Trout Creek High School's colors are black and yellow, so I got these for Jess. They are planning to come for a visit sometime in August to celebrate Jess's graduation.
I can't send real flowers, so I'm sending these.

Here's one of the photos from Mom's memorial. It shows my high school graduation & the lei I was given.


Happy Birthday to Anank, Candice, Francis, cousin Myrt, and Sarah! Happy Crouton Day, Apple Pie Day, Frog Jumping Day, Fruit Cocktail Day, Babysitter's Day, Birth Mother's Day, Archery Day, Cornelia De Lange Syndrome Awareness Day, Miniature Golf Day, and Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment