Tuesday, May 2, 2017

The Chase Is On!

I got a better photo of the cats chasing each other. But not by much. And only because Shiro was lying on the floor and ambushed Chibi as she ran by.
Chibi leaps over Shiro.

Yesterday Dad had an appointment with Dr. Nakano, his Kaiser PCP. We talked about the 2 falls Dad had on Sunday & Monday morning. Dr. Nakano had some blood tests done; results came in last night & today. She called tonight to discuss the results. Dad's level of potassium is a little low and his Vitamin D is about half as much as it should be; everything else was normal. Dr. Nakano said it's possible the low levels contributed enough to muscle weakness that caused Dad to fall; she's calling in a prescription that I will pick up tomorrow. She also recommended giving him more bananas for the potassium; I've got some in the freezer for making smoothies so I'll incorporate them in to Dad's dinner time beverage which is a mix of milk and Boost Compact. I take Dad back in a couple weeks for a blood test for his potassium level. Then in about 8 weeks I take him in for a blood test for Vitamin D level. We'll re-evaluate whether he needs to stay on the supplements based on the results.

Aunty Judy brought lunch from Zippy's over today. We had a teriyaki mini pac, a hamburger steak mini pac, and a deluxe hamburger. But I forgot to take photos. I'll try to remember to take photos  tomorrow when I take Aunty Judy out to lunch for her birthday. After lunch I will help her check if we can put in a drip irrigation system at her house for some of her potted plants.

Happy Birthday to Bobbye! I called and talked to her today. The stroke affected her speech center so she is a little hard to understand but she can speak so much better than last June when we were at the ER when she had the stroke and when I visited with her in late July. Her son Ron said she talks a lot more on the phone than she does when people come to visit her in person. Ron asked if I could call her more often to help her practice speaking. I'm thinking every other week would be a good start.

Happy Foster Care Day, Life Insurance Day, and Truffle Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment