Thursday, May 4, 2017

Welcome, Nalaniikaikaokamakani!

The Ikaika 'Ohana was blessed on May 1st with a beautiful little girl! Here she is with Grandpa Manu, big brother Kaleo, & big sister Kawaiola. Congratulations to Jackie & Dwayne!
L to R: Kawaiola, Manu with Nalani, & Kaleo. (Photo by Suzanne)

Today's task was to weed the cat run. There is a patch of grass in the cat run that is about 5' wide and about 8' long. There's also a small planting area there, about the size of a 2 gallon pot; I will be planting the catnip there. I tried that once before but I wasn't living here so it got destroyed when Mom removed the chicken wire cage I had built over it to keep the cats from totally uprooting it.
Before
After

Yesterday, besides cat litter & a ball, I also picked up an oral care gel for the cats. Petco had toothbrushes, too, but I don't want to try to brush their teeth. My cats will let me do a lot of things to them that I wouldn't trust doing with other cats, but brushing their teeth is not one of them. Hopefully this gel will work for them without brushing. It says, "Simply apply one drop of Clean Teeth Gel to your cat's mouth. After application you'll notice your pet licking her lips repeatedly; this is normal and helps the gel coat the teeth and gums." When they're doing the licking part they look like they don't like the flavor, which is sort of a mild mint with a sort of metallic undertone. (Yes, I tasted it. I wanted to know how difficult it would be to get it in to them.)

While working on the blog I suddenly realized I had forgotten all about the load of laundry that I did this morning. I hung it out okay, I just forgot to bring it back in. So I did it in the dark. Which was okay except that I heard a greenhouse frog while out there. It sounded like it was under the bench that the plants are on. I checked but couldn't find it, I will have to find out more about them and how to eradicate them; they're not as bad as the coqui frog but they are also on the invasive species list for Hawai'i.

Happy Birthday to Mary and Rae! Happy Bird Day, Candied Orange Peel Day, Orange Juice Day, World Password Day, Renewal Day, Star Wars Day, Weather Observers Day, Day of Prayer, and Day of Reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment