Friday, June 30, 2017

Momo?

Kira e-mailed me this evening. She saw a cat that she thinks might be Momo. I looked at the photo she sent, but because the cat won't let her get very close it's not clear enough to rule it out as being Momo. I noticed the photos were taken about 15 minutes earlier so I called Kira. When I talked to her, she said the cat was emaciated and very wary; which could be Momo since he has a thyroid condition and without his medication he would become emaciated. I went over and met Kira. She's been putting food out for the cat and has seen it 4 days in a row; tomorrow night I will be there about an hour before the cat usually shows up to see if I can get a better look at it. Or maybe even get it to come to me. (I sent the photos to Char to see if she thinks this might be her cat. Char contacted me about 2 weeks ago to let me know it might have been her cat that had been mistaken for Momo.) In the morning I plan on going to the Hawaiian Humane Society to borrow a trap so if it looks like Momo, but I can't get it to come to me, we can put the trap out. We'll "bait" it with a shirt that I am wearing tonight; the area where we can leave the trap will be in the shade.
This is as close as the cat would allow Kira to come to it.

Three guys had some early fireworks this afternoon. A small plane landed in a stream bed and burst in to flames! The pilot did an amazing landing; the pilot & 2 passengers survived with only serious injuries. Witnesses said it looked like the pilot was trying to land at the Moanalua Gardens but then the plane started dropping; the pilot lined up with the stream bed and landed under the Moanalua Freeway! Where he landed is a couple miles from the Kaiser Permanente facility where I would take Mom for her transfusions.
Plane on fire under the Moanalua Freeway. (Screen shot from TV)
The plane crash is at the red dot, the Kaiser facility is about an equal distance up to the left on H-201. (Screen shot from TV)

I didn't walk this morning; it was raining. A lot. There is a weather front to the north of the islands that is sending moisture our way. By the time things cleared up it was starting to get hot again. Hopefully it's drier tomorrow morning.

I took Dad to sign the papers at Edward Jones today. Keoki actually brought the papers down to the car to make it easier on Dad. After that we went to Kaiser for Dad's blood test; he's finished his Vitamin D so Dr. Nakano wanted to see what the Vitamin D level is in his blood, she also had his potassium level tested again. So far only the potassium results have come back, they're a the low end of normal; need to feed Dad more bananas! I'll have to check for the Vitamin D results tomorrow.

I think cutting Dad's fingernail yesterday so that he could sign the electronic contract started something. Dad cut one of his other fingernails after dinner. This morning when he came to breakfast I noticed that he had cut all the rest of his nails some time last night. He also washed his face and combed his hair before he came to breakfast; he hasn't done that for a while now. He was also talking about shaving his beard off!

Happy Birthday to Amanda! Again. I mistakenly wished Amanda "Happy Birthday" yesterday, but was a day early; I got confused by the reminder my computer gave me about her birthday. Today is actually Amanda's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment