Friday, June 16, 2017

Slow Day Today

Every morning I start by opening the sliding glass door so the cats can access the cat run. Every morning there is a line waiting for me to open the door. They all like to go out and check on things while the sun is not so hot and things are quiet.
Xander, the first one in line.
The queue begins to form; L to R, Shiro, Xander. The green x's on the door signal them that the door is closed.
Everyone out! L to R: Chibi, Xander, & Shiro.

Since we got the corrected Death Certificates we have gotten a lot done. Last Friday, before the corrected certificates arrived, I only had 19 of the 45 items on my list done (42%). Today I worked on updating the list after our 2 very full days of meetings. Now 33 items are completed (73%)!

One of the fun things I did today was plant the mountain apple seeds. I saved 3 of the seeds from the fruits I brought back from the Big Island. Two of them had already started to split open, one of them is nice and green already! If I can get at least 1 to survive I think I will plant it in the front yard in the planting bed in the southwest corner.


Dad got up for all 3 meals today; in fact, he was up early for lunch. He said he needed to go out more. I guess he must have liked our little outing yesterday! We also talked about going to the Big Island for Mom's service (maybe) and going to Kauai where he was born and spent the first 12 years of his life (yes). If we go to Kauai it will be some time in August, Curtis said he will go with us; after all he is retired now so he has less to do.

I started walking again this morning. Mom and I used to walk most mornings before she was diagnosed with leukemia. When we first started 3 or 4 years ago, when I was here on my FMLA visits, we would walk with Miss Tanaka, my kindergarten teacher. But she passed away almost exactly 2 years ago (on June 14th). When I walked with Mom (and Miss Tanaka) we did the route in about 30 minutes; this morning it took me 17 minutes. For now I will keep it at 17 minutes, my calves were feeling tight since I had not done a lot of walking for quite a while. Once my body gets used to it again I will make the walking route longer.

Happy Birthday to Winifred & Pete! Happy 4th Anniversary to Brenda & Melanie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment