Sunday, July 16, 2017

Lahaina Noon

I got to witness Lahaina Noon today. The first time it happened in Honolulu this year, I missed it because I was in Seattle. Which does not have Lahaina Noon since it is not in the Tropics; Hawai'i is the only state where you can see Lahaina Noon. Today it was at 12:37 pm. I will have a chance to experience it next week also, when I will be on the Big Island. Maybe I can find better objects to photograph so you can see it, too.
12:24 pm, 13 minutes before Lahaina Noon.
12:37 pm, looking at the makai side of the wall; obviously the clothesline pole is not straight.
12:37 pm, looking at the mauka side of the wall; it's not 100% straight either! Well, at least the Ewa face of the wall is straight!
12:38 pm, I went to the telephone pole across the street, but its a minute past Lahaina Noon; this is the Ewa side.
12:38 pm on the Diamond Head side; a little shadow. I need to find a better example!

I started to switch all my things over to the new suitcase; I have some things that stay in the suitcase between trips. I also put any sheets and towels that I brought back to wash back in the suitcase as soon as they are clean again. This time was no exception, so the new suitcase is almost full again.
The bottom & the left & right sides are solid. The near & far sides & the lid have a rigid piece that will provide some protection for the contents.
There is a handhold recessed in the bottom so you can grab top & bottom to get it off the conveyor belt. I don't do that, I just stand near one of the curve points, grab the top handle, & swing the suitcase off the belt using the momentum; timing is everything! So far I haven't wiped out any oblivious fellow passengers.
There's also an outside pocket that runs the length of the lid.

Happy Birthday to Dottie & cousin Leilani!

No comments:

Post a Comment