Friday, July 21, 2017

Planting Olena

Instead of walking this morning, I did some gardening. The olena (turmeric) was getting way too big for its planter.
The olena (L) has grown way too large for the planter; the mountain apple (R) will be too big by the time I get back.

I decided to put the olena and the mountain apple in the garden bed in the front yard. I weeded an area about 3' x 3' for the olena. But then it got too hot to do the rest of the bed, so I waited until the evening for the mountain apple. When I return I will be adding mulch around the olena and weed cloth with red cinders around the mountain apple.
Olena in the front yard.
The mountain apple is in the small cleared spot in the right half of the bed the olena is in. I will have to finish the weeding when I get back.

I will be going to Kohala tomorrow; so I went to the Hawaii Humane Society today to check for Momo. Debbie took me on the walk through, she's one of the new people in the admissions area; Allan, Torie, & Madison have left HHS to move on to other pursuits and Chris is now out in the field as an HHS animal control officer. Debbie had a tattoo of a Russian nesting doll because she likes dolls; she said her daughter has a matching tattoo!

I tried the roasted garlic ponzu on my salad tonight. It tastes as good as it smells!

As I mentioned earlier, I am going to the Big Island tomorrow. Jimmy at Verizon reset the hot spot, but if it continues to act up posting will be spotty. I will be spending some time with Mary Ellen & Michael who are visiting from Washington; they arrived in Kona today. So I might be too busy to  post on some days.

No comments:

Post a Comment