Monday, July 3, 2017

No Lunch Date Today

Aunty Judy was going to take Dad out to lunch today. Yesterday Dad said he would go out to lunch, but this morning it was raining and cooler than it has been; Dad was not wanting to get out of bed. I don't blame him, I stayed in bed, too, and skipped walking in the rain.

By 1 pm the weather was back to the normal 85 degrees F. Dad was ready for lunch. After lunch I had him sign a bunch of the checks that came in as well as some paperwork. I headed to the bank right after that. And discovered Item #47 on the list of things to do to settle Mom's estate & things related to it; I now have 11% of the list left to complete. I discovered that, now that Mom has died, the card that they signed earlier giving me permission to get in to their safe deposit box is no longer valid. I have to take Dad in to sign another card. Or, since they signed up for the box on their personal account and not the Trust account, Dad can add me as a co-owner of the box. I think we'll probably add me as a co-owner so that when Dad passes its easier for us to get access to the box.

After I got back from the bank, I took a nap. In the meanwhile, Dad actually stayed awake a while longer! In fact, he was awake until well after dinner. I think the Vitamin D has helped with his activity level, that is, as long as its fairly warm. Previously he would usually sleep through lunch and only get up for dinner and stay up for a couple hours after that, maybe 3 or 4 hours at the most each day. Recently he's been awake about 7 or 8 hours.

Unfortunately the Vitamin D has not helped with the dementia. He is still having trouble remembering people. He sees or hears a name and can't remember who it is; he looked at the thank you card from Mona, Baron, & Chad for Uncle Roy's memorial & didn't know who they were. We noticed the same thing with Mom; we found out when she saw the person she knew who that person was. Dad seems to do the same.

Curtis & Lori return from their Alaska cruise tonight. And tomorrow I take off for Kohala for Obon. Although I have a wi-fi hot spot, it doesn't seem to work reliably, so posts will be spotty over the next week.

Happy Birthday to Marvetta & Michael!

No comments:

Post a Comment