Saturday, July 15, 2017

Rat Be Gone!

At noon the rat was still here, I had not heard from anyone with Terminex so I called Travis. He said he would be here in half an hour to pick up the rat. A short while later he called to say that the technician had just contacted him and would be coming instead. About a half hour later, the rat was gone! (I think this might be the one I saw running down the side of the cat run.)


One of the pieces of mail today was about Mom's Medicare Part A payments. It covered the last 2 weeks from 03/10 to 03/25. During that period the charges were $3,633.50; because of Medicare Mom paid $0. I hope the changes the Republicans are proposing for the Affordable Care Act don't screw things up for people.

I went to Curtis and Lori's for dinner tonight; Dad said he was too cold and didn't want to go. Since I received the care package from my friends at work I have been taking Hot Crab Dip to the family gatherings. Today is a sad day, I used the last of the crab dip seasoning mix. I checked out the website I found on the jar label, www.gourmetduvillage.com, and it looks like they may have changed the product. I could only find packets of something called Baked Crab Dip; each packet makes 3 cups, the jar made 15 cups.


The dinner tonight was an early birthday dinner for me because Curtis will be in Las Vegas on my birthday, then I will be on the Big Island the following week. We had Chinese food. Plus kulolo! Apparently the Don Quijote in Pearl Ridge has kulolo on Saturdays. I checked the one on Kaheka tonight but it didn't have any kulolo; though it might be because they are doing a lot of remodeling and the seafood section is about 1/3 the size it usually is. I will have to check again after the remodel is done.
Clockwise, from top: salad with chicken & won ton chips, ahi poke, won ton, roast duck, kulolo, cake noodles with chicken, canton shrimp, & baby tako poke.

The birthday cake was peach Bavarian cake and there were 2 types of Tropilicious ice cream: lychee & haupia. Lori did a great job; dessert was onolicious!

Curtis & Lori gave me a new rolling suitcase with cats! DT & Brent gave me a carry-on travel bag in a Hawaiian print. The cat print bag is made out of recycled soda bottles! In all the traveling I have been doing in the past year I have not seen a bag like this. It's a little bit smaller than my original black suitcase that blew out on the trip to Seattle in May, or the dark blue suitcase that Bo & Barbara loaned me to replace it, but I will make it work for me because I like the cats!
Shiro checks out the new suitcase.
Close-up of the cats.

One of the surprises for my birthday was I got to take Curtis to the airport for his trip to Las Vegas and give Brent a ride home! Here we are with a group photo before we headed to the airport.
L to R: Brent, me, Curtis, & DT. (Photo by Lori)

Pepper came by to say Happy Birthday just before we left. She is looking old!


Happy Birthday to Pembo & Karon!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday Kinuko, love your new suitcase, glad you have friends and family to celebrate with you!

    ReplyDelete