Thursday, July 20, 2017

Xander Gets an Ultrasound

Last week I took Xander to see Dr. Belcher because he was throwing up again; he had thrown up 4 times in the first 2 days after I returned from Obon. Dr. Belcher gave him a shot of Cerenia and then pills for the next 4 days. After the last day of pills he started throwing up again; I discovered one of the piles in the morning by stepping on it. I called the Cat Clinic, Dr. Belcher recommended an ultrasound to find out what might be going on. The vet that does the ultrasound would be at the Cat Clinic next Tuesday but I would be in Kohala; I wouldn't be able to get Xander in for an ultrasound at the Cat Clinic until August 22nd. So Dr. Belcher sent a referral to Veterinary Referral + Emergency Clinic for an ultrasound for Xander to be done there. He went in this morning.
Dr. Burns doing the ultrasound on Xander.

Dr. Burns examined Xander and gave a verbal account while he was doing it. He found some abnormalities in some of Xander's organs; Dr. Burns said it points to an irritable bowel condition that he sees several times a day in older cats. He will also be writing a detailed report for Dr. Belcher, who should have it tomorrow. Dr. Belcher will then contact me to discuss treatment options for him. Xander made a bunch more fans at VREC, they couldn't believe how good he was while he was being examined!

On the way back I passed by the Marco Polo Condominium where there was a big fire last Friday. I took a photo in my side view mirror (while I was stopped at the light). One of my dive buddies used to live in a unit 2 floors below unit 2602 where the fire broke out. Fire investigators now say that there are 200 units that have sustained damage from fire, smoke, or water; there are 568 units total so this is about 1/3 of the units that have been damaged. The Marco Polo was built before sprinklers were required in these type of building. The city has tried 2 times before to legislate retrofitting of sprinkler systems; they're trying again since 3 people died in this fire, but are getting resistance. Again.


Happy Birthday to Imam Polovina, Sue, Andy, Lawrence, Herbert, & Jenafer!

No comments:

Post a Comment