Monday, September 25, 2017

Breakfast in Waikiki

Curtis had an appointment with Harold, his financial advisor, this morning; he invited me to go along with him. Because he was going to be in town we decided to go to breakfast this morning rather than our usual Tuesday morning. We invited Ron again, he suggested a little place in Waikiki. We checked out Tilia Exquisite Aloha Cafe; it was closed for maintenance today, we'll have to try it some other day.


We went to Plan B; IHOP, it's right across the street. Although its not yet October, IHOP already has there Halloween menu out.


Curtis had the Breakfast Sampler, Ron had the Spinach & Mushroom Omelette, and I had the Red Velvet Pancakes.
Breakfast Sampler. (photo by Curtis)
Spinach & Mushroom Omelette. (photo by Ron)
Red Velvet Pancakes.

The topping on the Red Velvet Pancakes were so sweet I had to eat something else with them to cut the sweetness. I opted for hash browns & ketchup. I think I'll be sticking to my normal IHOP order, Harvest Grain 'n' Nut Pancakes.
L to R: Red Velvet Pancakes, hash browns & ketchup.

On the way to Harold's office, we saw a dual purpose bathroom.


On Saturday night I made whole wheat dinner rolls to take to Curtis & Lori's for dinner on Sunday; I stayed up till about 1 a.m. Dinner was in honor of Ron's visit, but also for Brent & Lori's birthdays; Brent's is on Wednesday and Lori's is next week. We won't be able to celebrate this coming weekend since they will be on a trip so we did it Saturday night.
Clockwise spiral from lower left: broccoli salad, romaine salad, noodles, whole wheat dinner rolls, pasta salad, half filled dinner plate, salad dressing, Mongolian beef, & eggplant dish. Not shown: pot roast.
L to R: stained glass jello, date bars, & cookies from Liliha Bakery.

On my Sunday morning walk I found that someone donated a lot of books to the Little Free Library. Unfortunately the books will likely get ruined by the morning dew and intermittent sprinkles that we have been having.


I also saw that the mock orange "tree" was in bloom! I love the fragrance; I'm trying to train the shrub in front of the house to a "tree" form so that we can enjoy the fragrance right at the house.


Happy Birthday to Lynda, Naomi, Lopaka, & Roxanne! Happy 13th Anniversary to Rachel & Terrence!

No comments:

Post a Comment