Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Breakfast with Ron

I picked Ron up about 6:30 & we headed over to Curtis' house for breakfast. But not before running in to a traffic jam which is unusual when I am heading west at that time of the day. There was a fender bender near the overpass.
Traffic jams in both directions!

Curtis wanted to take Ron to Rocky's Coffee Shop for breakfast. It's an old-fashioned style place with a down-home feel. Plus the coffee & refills are included as part of the meal! It has also got some neat artwork on the walls.


Ron had the Rocky's Special Omelet with hash browns. Curtis had the Vienna Sausage Breakfast. And I had the Rocky's Special Omelet with toast.
Ron's breakfast.
Curtis' breakfast.
My breakfast.

After breakfast we went to Sam's Club; Ron wanted to buy a bunch of toilet paper for the friend's condo in Waikiki where he is staying; he also got some tissues, orange juice, & beer. Curtis and I also had a few things to pick up; I got more Nutter Butters for Dad, more dishwashing soap, & pistachios. 


Curtis & Lori's contractors are still waiting for the permit for the extension so that they can get a necessary inspection before they continue. This is the first I've seen it since they went on hold. All the underground pipes have been installed; I think they are waiting for those to be inspected before they can cover them.



On the way back, Ron & I  stopped by the Marukai Market at the Ward Farmers Market; it will be closing at the end of the month. It's one of Bick's favorite places. But what was left was disappointing; all we got was a little bento for Dad.


I helped Ron get his Sam's Club purchases up to the condo. I also go to check it out; it's got hurricane shutters on the balcony to protect the windows on that side of the unit. It also has a view of the Ala Wai Canal; in fact, the area where the canoe clubs store their canoes is easily visible from the balcony. If Ron & Bick purchase the condo they will be able to watch the teams as they practice.
Looking mauka towards the Ala Wai Canal.

As I have mentioned frequently, I am battling ants in the house. (I leave them alone outside because they have a place in the environment.) Inside I have been using Terro Liquid Ant Bait, the active ingredient is borax. Apparently it kills them by interfering with their digestion. In the meanwhile, I have a bunch of dead ants in the shower every night.


Happy Birthday to Jun, Dale, & Steve! Happy 19th Anniversary to Rebecca!

No comments:

Post a Comment