Thursday, September 28, 2017

Construction Season

On my walk today I saw that they are starting on the second floor of House #2.


I also saw some activity at House #1. Yesterday when I drove by about midafternoon the plywood gates were open and I saw that there were big piles of rock and a backhoe on the site. At 7:30 in the morning no workers are on site, so the gates are closed. When I went by later today they were working on the site again. I probably won't have any photos until they get up to the 2nd floor.
You can see a little bit of the top of the yellow arm of the backhoe over the top of the plywood gates.

There are 2 other houses also being built on our street. One is a brand new house, the other was an old house that was demolished and is now being replaced. I haven't posted any photos since they are behind other houses and only small parts of them are visible from the road.

I  sent the deposit for the garage work off to Chris today. He will start removing the rusted roofing and rotted and termite-eaten walls in about a month; the standing seam roofing material should be delivered sometime around then. The whole job should be done by the end of the year. Sometime before the end of the year the Solar City folks should be out to measure the new roof and start designing the solar PV system they will be installing on the roof.

I had to go to the post office to mail off the packet of papers for one of Mom's insurance claims. I also mailed off a bag of Kona coffee to the folks at Z Sport Automotive. The Z Sport's folks worked on Kai's car (aka my old 1992 Subaru) & let me pay for it over the phone. So I am sending them a bag of coffee as a "Thank You". Everything was going well; until I got to the post office. I forgot that hours got cut back; my local post office is only open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. On the plus side, Annie, the main postal worker there is always very cheerful & pleasant.


Happy Birthday to Dorothy, Sheryl, Hannele, & Isaiah!

No comments:

Post a Comment