Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Dad Goes to the Dentist

I was able to get Dad to go to the dentist this afternoon. Earlier in the year I was supposed to take him and Mom to the dentist; Dad refused to go. I took Mom, but found out that dental cleaning is contraindicated when you have a compromised immune system! Today I also went to the dentist; its been about 19 months since I've been to the dentist. We both had good check-ups but Dr. Loo gave me a referral to the periodontist to review the previous recommendations that I had gotten earlier about gum surgery & bone grafts.


This morning as I was running around doing errands, I was stopped at the Kapiolani Avenue & Date Street intersection. I saw a bunch of guys dressed in white across the intersection running in the street along side the parked cars pushing a big something. When they turned the corner I realized it was scaffolding that they were pushing & figured they must be painters. As I drove past the building it was pretty apparent that they had been painting it.
The painters getting the scaffolding back on the sidewalk after running it down Kapiolani Boulevard.

Ron came in yesterday; we got together this evening for dinner. He wanted to take Dad out to dinner but Dad just wanted to go to sleep; he couldn't remember who Ron was. So Ron picked up food at Siam Square for dinner. He got pineapple fried rice, lemongrass chicken, & Thai style fried marinated chicken. It was a great dinner, but I forgot to take photos.

We talked about the Biki bikes that are all around Waikiki as well as a few other places. It looks like they are very popular. The one on Kapiolani at McCully was completely empty the other day. Today there were only 2 bikes there.
Biki station at Kapiolani & McCully.

On my morning walk I made a full lap around the playfield at Kapaolono. The route was 1.13 miles & took 23 minutes. Comparing it to yesterday's statistics, the lap around the playfield appears to be 0.25 miles and took about 6 minutes. It looks like if I add another lap around the playfield it will get me close to 30 minutes, which is what I am aiming for; I'll try it on Thursday morning. (We'll be going out to breakfast tomorrow with Ron so there won't be enough time for me to walk before breakfast.)

Happy Birthday to Renee & Aaron!

No comments:

Post a Comment