Monday, September 4, 2017

HawaiianMiles

Earlier I had mentioned that I was paying for Xander's vet bills with my Hawaiian Airlines card so that I could at least get miles for his bills. Hawaiian has created some partnerships where you get more miles when you purchase from specific vendors. And sometimes they have special events where you get more miles on your purchases. Like today at the Kahala Mall. I generally only go there in April to go to the H & R Block office and whenever I need to go to the Verizon store to get something taken care of for my phone. Today I decided to take advantage of the HawaiianMiles event.

I realize just spending money to get miles is not a wise thing to do. But I had things I needed to get, so I got them at Kahala Mall in order to take advantage of the HawaiianMiles offer. There were some strings, however. Like a minimum purchase amount of $100 (pre-tax) and having to have the purchases verified by 6 pm today. The minimum was no problem, I needed a new power cord for my laptop and there was an Apple Store in Kahala Mall; $79 down, $21 to go! I also needed to get some roach traps, floss picks, hair brush, hydrocortisone cream, soap, coffee, & other items from Longs for $48.50. And I got a mini-muffin pan at The Compleat Kitchen for $19.50 so I can make banana muffins for Dad; the minis are the right serving size for Dad. (Mom didn't bake so there are no muffin pans of any size at the house.) I made the minimum and now have an additional 588 miles in my account.




I was gone for 2 hours; Dad was still asleep when I got back. I checked the water glass that he keeps in the refrigerator; it was full which means he never woke up while I was gone. (He doesn't fill it up after he drinks from it. I think he is concerned about falling with it when going from the fridge to the sink and back again.)

After lunch I decided to finish filling up the exercise ball. I decided instead of checking every 5 minutes I would pump it up for 15 minutes, then check. Fifteen minutes is a lot of time. Even though I was switching back and forth between arms, after 15 minutes I started to get cramps! It seemed like the ball did not get any larger, it felt like if I didn't pump fast enough more air would leak out through the pump than would go in. I'm not sure if that 15 minutes of furious pumping made a difference. But I took some measurements; I'll check after tomorrow's 15 minute pumping session to see if its getting any larger.
August 31st.
September 4th. It doesn't look like its any bigger.
At first I measured it against the CD case holder.
I decided marking its diameter would be more definitive to see if its getting larger. It's at 63&3/4", it needs to be 81&3/4".

Happy Birthday Michael & Jeremiah!

No comments:

Post a Comment