Sunday, September 10, 2017

Hurricane Irma

Last night when I went to sleep, the eye of Hurricane Irma was predicted to move along the east coast of Florida. Not that it would make a whole lot of difference since Irma's hurricane level winds extended far enough from the eye that it would still cover the entire width of Florida. I got up this morning and found out that Hurricane Irma had shifted its course and was now predicted to move along the west coast of Florida; it was still within the earlier cone of error that predicts the future possible course of a hurricane. I have 3 friends that live in Florida, 2 of whom I had heard from. One is on the east coast, so he is now farther away from the eye and he is also about 15 miles inland so not in danger of any storm surge. The other friend lives near the westerlymost end of the panhandle; so far it looks like she will be near the outer edge of the hurricane level winds. Sending prayers to the Universe for them & everyone else in Florida.


Earlier in the week I had mentioned that Tony had weed-whacked my mountain apple seedling; I did not clear out all the weeds around it so I don't think he could see it when he was working. I found out Debbie still has not planted the mountain apple I had given her, she's sending it back to me via Curtis. This time I will clean out all the weeds and, at a minimum, put down the weed cloth before I plant the second mountain apple; I can put the red cinders out later.
Front garden area, sans mountain apple.
Look! No mountain apple!

Happy Birthday to Marcie & cousin Andrew! Happy 6th Anniversary to Vener & Alicia!

No comments:

Post a Comment