Saturday, September 30, 2017

Pepper Sleeps Over

This evening I took Curtis, Lori, Brent, & Shaun to the airport. They are on their way to Los Angeles & Las Vegas. After I dropped them off I went back and picked up their cat Pepper. She has not been eating much and has been listless. If she doesn't perk up by Monday I am to take her to the vet. During the car ride she was fairly quiet. When I let her out in to the other bathroom she was very curious and checked everything out. Right now she is hiding in her litterbox. According to Jackson Galaxy, that means she is insecure about being here. Hope she gets used to it because she's here for the next week! (This way Jenny can focus on taking care of their parents, both of whom have dementia.)
Pepper checking out her new temporary digs.

I don't think Shiro was helping. He was hanging around outside the bathroom door. I am not sure if he was hanging around because he smelled Pepper or if he smelled her canned food! I made him move away; he's now sleeping in his chair as usual.


This morning I shortened my walk because my knee was still hurting. I basically did the same route that we had Mom doing because it is relatively flat. It goes from the house straight out to the freeway and back, about 0.86 mile round trip. It took me about 23 minutes because I was walking at 2.2 mph, a bit slower than my normal 2.9 mph pre-injury speed. When I got back home I did one round of contrast therapy before I headed out to MasterCuts to have Shaun cut my hair.

Since I try to walk on the side of the street so that I can see the traffic traveling towards me in the lane closest to me, I was on the same side of the street as House #1. I stopped and peeked in through one of the openings. I think it has been going slowly because they ran in to blue rock when they were excavating for the basement.
Nearly the entire lot is covered with chunks of blue rock.

On my return, the big trucks were lining up to work on removing the blue rock from the site. Just like yesterday.


I also walked by House #2. It looks like they may have finished framing all the walls for the 2nd story. When we built our house we attached the plywood sheathing before we popped the walls up into place. You have to do a little more math to make sure the plywood on the 2nd floor butts up against the sheets for the 1st floor. It's easier to attach the plywood when the wall is lying down than having to hold a sheet up vertically and hammer it.


Happy Birthday to Gary!

No comments:

Post a Comment