Friday, October 6, 2017

All Done For Now!

Had my last 2 medical appointments today to get me caught up with things I have been putting off for the past 1&1/2 years or so. I started today with a dermatology consultation to have a spot on my cheek checked out. Since I have not been good about not picking at it I had to have a piece of it cut off for a biopsy. I really like Dr. Zenker, in a few weeks she will also be checking on the spot on Dad's back.
Poster on the wall of the exam room.

Immediately after the dermatology consultation, I went to have my eyes checked. Dr. Remillard checked me out for both glasses and contacts. The new contacts will be here in about 3 weeks; new glasses in about 4. I go back to see Dr. Remillard in about 5 weeks for a check to see how well the new contacts are fitting. Two years ago my optometrist said I had a cataract starting in my left eye; I told Dr. Remillard that sometimes it looks blurry but I thought it was a dirty lens since I could blink it away. She had the tech professionally clean my lenses and things looked much clearer; but she did say I had a cataract in the very early stage. The only time I can really see a difference is late at night looking at a dim light in the dark without my contacts; on the left side it is a little dimmer than on the right side.

I think everyone must have been trying to get out of the Kaiser parking garage at the same time. This was the first time I had ever run in to a traffic jam at Kaiser. I couldn't figure it out since it was only about 3:30; most Kaiser departments are open until 5:30, some to 7 pm.


This morning I found out that the wind last night tore down part of the material around the construction site for House #1. The contractors at this site seem to start a little later than the other sites on the street and today I saw them locking up around 4 when I was on my way back from my doctor's appointments.


I took a few photos of Pepper so I can see how well she is doing. She has an overactive thyroid so she is on methimazole to help control that. In spite of her medication she is very skinny, when she got here I could easily feel her ribs when I pet her & her hip bones were visible. I think what was happening was Salty was eating her cat food, so she ate his dog food which doesn't have enough calories for her; combine that with the overactive thyroid & she lost a bunch of weight. When comparing her to a feline body condition chart I think she is a 1. Since she has been able to eat her cat food for the past 6 days she has gained weight; I am hoping to get her closer to a 2 before she leaves. Hopefully with the WonderBowl she will be able to get back up to a 3.
FYI Pepper does not have a tail.

I found a cartoon that kind of epitomizes how Dad feels about getting to 100. He's only going to be 93 next month but he says in 7 years he will be 100.


Happy Birthday to Mark, Brandton, & Yaneli!

No comments:

Post a Comment