Thursday, October 12, 2017

Deja Vu!

It was like deja vu all over again this morning. I went in for a deep cleaning of the pocket at the back of that one molar. I was in the same exam chair and had the same view as yesterday! Briana did the deep cleaning and Dr. Mizuno checked everything out; Dr. Ching was at their other office today.
It was brighter this morning, with less traffic.

When I got back I had enough time before my class at Kaiser later, so I did laundry and started weeding the back yard. I had to stop before I was finished weeding in order to go in and make lunch for Dad.
This isn't exactly "before", I pulled a bunch of weeds out near where all the things are, then remembered to take the photo.
Not done yet , but a whole lot better than when I started.

On the way to my class at Kaiser, there was a car right on my bumper while I was on the freeway. I changed lanes to get ready to get off the freeway and a big black Escalade went zipping past me. As I exited the freeway I saw the Escalade right in front of me; hmmmm, that erratic driving didn't get it very far! Not only that but the traffic on Lunalilo Street was stopped due to traffic on the surface streets so the Escalade was getting nowhere.


The Kaiser class this evening was "Get Your Plate in Shape". "Whether you have high cholesterol, high blood pressure, or just want to improve your eating, come to this session. Learn to shape up your plate with healthy portion sizes that boost nutrition." I went because Dad needs more calories and I need less. The class made me think about ways I could get more calories & nutrients into Dad's really tiny portion that he now eats and also possible ways to increase nutrition in my portion without having to cook 2 totally separate meals.


Laurie gave my e-mail to Sue, who sends out info for the Neighborhood Security Watch (NSW) in this area. Sue sent me the minutes from last night's meeting. I gave her more information about me and asked her what the limits of the watch were and exactly when their meetings were held. It turns out Sue knew Mom and her brother was Curtis' classmate. I found out we are in the District 7 Community Police Team area which covers 40 square miles; this is one of 50 NSW groups in the district . This NSW was started in 2009 but has been meeting only sporadically lately; last night's meeting was the first since June 2016. It turns out that the limits of this NSW group have changed since it started and is now larger so I am in! I'll have to see if I can make it to the next meeting so that I can meet some of the neighbors.

Pepper is not getting it. Not sure why she was eating yesterday but not today. She wouldn't go near the WonderBowl today or tonight. I will let her get hungrier which should make her more likely to put up with the movement of the WonderBowl lid.
Pretty much the same as when I gave it to her last night.

Happy Birthday to Kathy & Griffin!

No comments:

Post a Comment