Tuesday, October 10, 2017

New Eagle Cafe

For breakfast this morning Curtis & I went to the New Eagle Cafe; it is not on their Top 20's list, we are running out of those options. This restaurant was chosen because it was near Abbey Carpet & Floor where we had an appointment after breakfast to sign papers for the new flooring.


They had some local specials, but also Japanese breakfasts. Curtis had the Two Large Eggs Breakfast with luncheon meat, I had the Mahimahi & Eggs.
Note the Japanese Breakfasts listed on the right page.
Two Large Eggs Breakfast with luncheon meat.
Mahimahi & Eggs Breakfast; its kind of like the local version of a Japanese breakfast.

As I mentioned, we went to Abbey Carpet & Flooring to sign the contract for the new flooring. Our first choice to start the project is October 30th. And things were going well until Sean came back with the contract after about an hour! While he was confirming the availability of the flooring he was told that they are changing the design of the interlocking mechanism; he called around but was unable to get a quick answer, so he's not sure whether they can do it on October 30th. Our 2nd date choice is December 11th; we should find out in the next couple of days when we can really start.

After we returned from Abbey Carpet, I went to complete the errands I started on yesterday. I had planned to go to 3 financial institutions yesterday to make deposits and the the post office to mail a couple of certified letters. I forgot that yesterday was a holiday. Trying and failing to do things on a holiday is why there was no post yesterday; not very photogenic.

While I was at the post office today I got a call from Kaiser, my glasses were ready for pick up! I finished my other errands early enough, so I picked up my glasses. My old glasses had a prescription that was about 20 years old; they only help me keep from walking in to things. Now I will be able to drive at night with my glasses.
I only had about 3 options that were small enough for my face.

When I got back from running errands the IR tag for the WonderBowl was here. I put it  together and attached it to Pepper's collar. Then I wrapped it with plastic wrap, just like I wrapped the WonderBowl itself, & put it on Pepper. She was not phased by the lid opening & closing; I think she will get used to using it very quickly.
Closed.
Open.

Happy Birthday to Sufayatu! Happy Belated Birthday to Paula & Lori!

1 comment:

  1. Hehehe...a 20 year old glasses prescription!
    You crack me up 😆

    ReplyDelete