Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Taking Care of Business

This morning I had an appointment with Dr. Ching, a periodontist. Back in Washington I was told I needed periodontal work on all 4 quarters of my mouth; I had the 2 lower quarters done before I moved. Today Dr. Ching was checking how my status had changed. The lower half (the one that was worked on earlier) was doing really well except I had one deep pocket at the back of a molar where a pocket was left when my wisdom tooth was removed about 40 years ago. The good news is that the upper half that had not been worked on has improved. Dr. Ching just wants to do a deep cleaning on the one pocket then monitor every 3 months to see how it does.
Here's the view for the examination chair.

After my periodontist appointment I had an appointment at HG Capital with Harold, Curtis' financial advisor. And now my financial advisor. Now that I am retired I need to have my money working for me since I am on a fixed income. I have another meeting with Harold next week.
I've got the Risk Management & Reserves levels handled already; Harold will help with the Income level.

Before my appointment I waited in the lobby at Harold's office, as the previous family came out I recognized the mom at the same time she recognized me. It was Nurse Michelle from the Kaiser ATC where Mom had her transfusions! She remembered Mom and also how Curtis would bring lunch for us. She and her husband are working with Harold to make sure their 2 kids have the funds needed to go to college. (That's one of Harold's main objectives when helping families with investments.)

I saw a flyer on the telephone pole across the street yesterday. Another cat in the neighborhood is missing; Mumu hasn't been seen since Sunday morning. I had met Mumu & Laurie (his human) a few months ago when I was looking for Momo. I talked to Laurie to get more info on Mumu's disappearance; Mumu is a light orange cream cat. Laurie told me there is a Neighborhood Watch group and a Neighborhood Security group; she is going to get me hooked up with them.

Happy Birthday to Pete & Alana! Happy 3rd Anniversary to Kai & Percy!

No comments:

Post a Comment