Friday, October 13, 2017

Xander Needs More Insulin

When I give Xander his morning insulin, I check the Wireless Whiskers to see how much food he has eaten since midnight. Dr. Belcher said he should have at least 15% of his daily amount. This morning he had eaten 71%! Then I checked the water bowl and it was empty, all 22 ounces were gone. Over the past week they usually drank only 13 to 15 ounces over the previous 24 hours. (Obviously it could be one of the other cats, however, it is most likely Xander that is the one that is drinking more water.) I called the Cat Clinic and left a message for Dr. Dean who was the vet on duty today.

My goal today was to get all of the Trust accounts updated with the new trustee paperwork; I had 3 different banks to go to. I started with Territorial since it was the farthest east and worked my way west. Mitchell at Territorial took copies of all the applicable documents. He had to send them to their legal office to have them reviewed before we could update the signature card for the family Trust. He said he would call next week and let me know. I was there about 25 minutes.


While I was at Territorial (and Mitchell was on the phone with their main office), Dr. Dean called back. She wanted Xander to come in for more blood glucose tests. So I took a break from visiting banks, ran home, loaded Xander up, & dropped him off at the Cat Clinic.
The Cat Clinic all ready for Halloween.

After I dropped Xander off, it was a couple blocks drive to the Hawaii State Federal Credit Union. Patrick was great! He helped us consolidate the accounts after Mom passed away. He took copies of the new documents for Dad's Trust and set up the new account signature card. It took about 45 minutes, but it was all done in one visit.

American Savings Bank was right next door. Diego, who helped us when we put Dad's account in to his Trust, was there. But tomorrow will be his last day; he's leaving to take care of some family issues. Diego said he needed to make copies and send them to their legal department to review (much like Mitchell at Territorial). He returned about 15 minutes later, very apologetic. Their copier was not working well and he was only able to copy 3 pages in that time. After a total of 25 minutes, I left the papers with him, said I would return when I had to pick Xander up, & went home to make lunch for Dad.

After lunch I checked the mail, there was a lot of it. One of them was the check from Zurich. While I was balancing the checkbook, Fran from the Cat Clinic called; Xander was ready to come home. I told her I would be there in about an hour.

I went to Central Pacific Bank first to start a savings account to go with the checking account for the Kohala house. Mom had started the John Hancock & Zurich accounts for the Kohala house. The John Hancock payments are directly deposited in to the checking account; the Zurich check went to the savings account. Eric was really helpful; it took him about half an hour to get all that set up. We also talked about credit freezes because of the Equifax data breach.


Then I went back to American; Diego was able to get all the documents copied. Now he only needed a copy of my license. He sent everything off to their legal department; I should hear from one of his co-workers some time next week. This time it took about 10 minutes. Once the legal department approves the paperwork and I sign the new signature card, all the bank accounts will be updated. Yay! By the way, we closed 7 of Mom's accounts and consolidated them with Dad's. This is what's left. They had multiple accounts because they had different things direct deposited to different accounts. For example, this account is only for Dad's social security. Not sure why they did it that way, but its working so I don't want to change these accounts for Dad.

I picked Xander up after I left American; he will now be on 5 units insulin in the morning & 6 units in the evening. On Sunday I will be reducing his prednisolone to half of a 5 mg tablet per day. Since that can affect the amount of insulin he needs, we had planned to do a blood glucose test next Friday. Since he will be boarded from next Wednesday evening through Monday morning, Dr. Dean will check his blood glucose while he is there. He was not happy tonight since I only gave him a little cottage cheese so I could give him his insulin but no more.

Tomorrow I will be on the Big Island; Mrs. Ohta passed away a few weeks ago, her memorial is tomorrow. Since I will be going next week to spend time with Jody when she is visiting I decided to only stay for 12 hours so I don't impact Curtis too much while they are in the middle of their remodel. I am taking the 5 am flight because tomorrow is the Ironman World Championships and they will begin closing the highway at 6:30 am; the turnaround spot is in Hawi. Although there is an alternate route, I would rather take the more direct route. Last night it was storming, they were expecting it to stay for the weekend, but it seems like things are changing and it might not be so bad tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment