Monday, November 20, 2017

Another Vegan Dinner!

Kasondra leaves tomorrow; Dad's tradition is to take guests out to dinner the night before they leave. Even though its been a few months since Dad has wanted to go out to dinner, we kept up the tradition without him. (I fed him dinner before we left.) I took Kasondra & Sam to the Peace Cafe for dinner. FYI, Kasondra is vegan.
The phone definitely needs a new battery; it died after one flash photo.

Kasondra and I had the Moroccan Stew with a side of cornbread, Sam had the mini BLT Sandwich. I also had a Kinako Latte, which I am going to try to recreate at home. They were out of the vegan ice cream, but by the time we were done we were so full we wouldn't have had room for any. This was home-style vegan cooking but still tasty like the 5-star meal we had last night.
L to R: cornbread, Moroccan Stew with salad & brown rice. (Photo by Sam)
L to R: Mini BLT, Mexican Miso Soup. (Photo by Sam)

After we got back from dinner Sam was sitting on the couch when Chibi came up and sniffed her before trotting off again instead of bolting out of the room. Sam brought out the cat treats she brought with her & started feeding them. Chibi actually let Sam pet her a couple times!
The Cat Whisperer.
Success!!!

This morning Xander kept looking at me and meowing. I sort of ignored him until I realized he was missing his collar; he needs the tag on his collar in order to get the Wireless Whiskers feeder to open so that he can eat. So I started looking for his collar. Since he had come out of the middle bedroom I started there, but didn't find his collar.
What's that under the bed?
It's not a collar, it's Curtis' phone cover case that he has been searching for for several months. He owes Xander!

He had also been in the cat run in the morning; that's where I found it. He probably was scratching himself & hooked it just right to undo the collar. I use only breakaway collars so that the cats can't get caught on things and strangle themselves. He stopped following me around & meowing after I put his collar back on & he could open up the feeder again.


After lunch I spent an hour with Adelia talking about how to invest some of Dad's money. Adelia was one of Mom's financial advisors, she is also helping Curtis & myself with some investments.


When I got back from meeting with Adelia I went to pick up the mail. In the mailbox I found 2 avocados along with the mail. I think they might be from Dale; as I was leaving to see Adelia I saw him walking along the street & go over to the Loi's also, then come back, he just waved. Usually he goes for a much longer walk with Koa.
Special Delivery!

Happy Birthday to Dottie! And Happy 13th Anniversary to Hazuki & Todd!

No comments:

Post a Comment