Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Getting Ready for the Big Island

I spent a good part of the day finalizing the paperwork I need for the Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) that I am applying for at the Hawai'i Community Federal Credit Union. I still need to get my 2015 tax return and Trust paperwork; they're in a filing cabinet on Hawai'i Island!

Dropped Xander off at the Cat Clinic this evening. He will be boarded again so that they can make sure he gets his insulin twice a day on time; besides Curtis wasn't too keen on giving him shots twice a day. I left one of my used shirts with him; hopefully that will make him feel less abandoned than he did last time when he was there for 5 days. This time he will be there for 10 days.

I'm taking all 3 of my stick deodorants. Not because I plan on doing smelly things, but so I can see how they react to the temperatures there. My favorite is the Earth Science one; I prefer the unscented but could only find the scented the last time I went to the Sno-Isle Co-op before I moved. I picked up the Schmidt's earlier this year at Sno-Isle when I was visiting; they stopped carrying Earth Science. While the Schmidt's worked well in Washington, it does not do well in Honolulu; the 2nd ingredient is coconut oil which is liquid at 76 degrees F when it is unhydrogenated. (The temperatures in the house have been mid- to upper 80's during the day, so it turns to mush & is unusable.) I have been unable to find the Earth Science brand in Honolulu, so I am trying the Desert Essence; these use stearic acid or stearate instead of coconut oil so they are more stable in the heat.


Tick total = 82. These last 2 were more lethargic than the previous ticks so may be the Vet's Best Flea + Tick Home Spray for Cats is working, albeit slowly. So may be it is killing them. I won't know for sure until I get back in 10 days. 

Happy Birthday to Maalaea!

No comments:

Post a Comment