Saturday, November 4, 2017

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today is Mom's birthday; she would have been 91. And if I was in Honolulu I would have gone to Punchbowl and placed a lei at her niche. But I'm in Kohala so I went to the cemetery and put flowers at the family graves.
The carnations are bought since there are hardly any at the house, the avocado is from Laurel & Bill.

The orchid that Suzanne bought for Mom's hatsubon is blooming! After we brought it back from the Obon I put it on one of the live hapu'u. It seems to like it there. When Suzanne bought it there were 2 stalks of flowers blooming; this one is a new one that it sent out since she bought it. 

When I woke up this morning there was no blood! Yay! It looks like Dr. Winpigler solved the problem!


But when I woke up this morning it was raining.  Since Janice is coming in tomorrow I wanted it to be sunny. Well, all I had to do was wait about 90 minutes. Voila! Sun! In this part of the island it frequently rains in the morning and evening but is sunny during the middle of the day. That's why its so green & lush here.
8:10 am.
9:25 am.

Yesterday Chris & Adam finished putting the rafters up. They look great! I can't wait to see it when it's finished.



Suzanne's friend Josie is a Steelers fan; so is Curtis. Josie has already gotten a Terrible Towel for him. Now she got him a pink one; October was Breast Cancer Awareness Month. She also got him a pin. It all arrived today.
(Photo by Curtis)
Curtis put the pin on his hat that he is almost always wearing. (Photo by Curtis)

I stopped by Gill's Lanai for lunch. I have passed by it a number of times. Usually it has been closed, they have somewhat limited hours; 11 am to 5 pm, but 7 days a week. I had the Fresh Fish Tacos, Naked Style; they saute or steam the fish without batter. I also had a Big Island Tropical Smoothie, which has mango, banana, papaya, and pineapple. While I waited I checked out the decor and watched the yellow-billed cardinals that were looking for crumbs.


Paroaria capitata.


I invited Lem, Jessie, and the Ohtas over for Holy's Bakery apple pie & local ice cream tonight. Only Arlene & Joy showed up from the Ohta 'ohana; Wayne goes to Hilo every other weekend and this was the weekend, just like last time. We had another great evening! So great I forgot to take photos! Auwe!

Happy Birthday also to Faith! And Happy 40th Anniversary to Debbie & Chad!

No comments:

Post a Comment