Monday, December 4, 2017

Dinner with Sam

Sam leaves tomorrow, so we went out to dinner tonight. Dad's tradition is to take people out to Zippy's for their final dinner, but he didn't want to go to dinner with us tonight. So Sam & I went to Genki Sushi; Sam wanted to pay this time, I'll pay next time.


This was my first visit to Genki Sushi. You order via iPad, then it's delivered via a little train. Except for the dessert which is brought out by a real person.
Here I am sending in my first order. (Photo by Sam)



Here's the train with my unagi.
Here's my tobiko and ebi. (Photo by Sam)
Sam getting part of her order.
Here's our final total.

Interestingly, there have been 3 articles about wedge-tailed shearwaters in the Star-Advertiser newspaper in 3 days! The first was in Susan Scott's Ocean Watch column. The second was by Nina Wu about the O'ahu Seabird Aid Program & Sam. And today the third came out by Timothy Hurley about the successful re-establishment of the shearwater colony on Molokai.   
"Nighttime banding of shearwater chicks: Photo courtesy of Debbie Delatour" (From MauiNow.com)

The kitties will be sad after Sam leaves. She gives them treats every evening & plays with them. Even Chibi comes out of hiding to see Sam!
L to R: Sam, Shiro, Chibi, & Xander.

Dad's dementia was apparent this afternoon. After lunch he looked over at the shelf and said, "What does p-o-u-n-c-e mean?" He was reading the words on the bag that Xander's medication & syringes are in. I told him that 'pounce' is what cat's do when they are hunting things. And then he understood, but until then he did not seem to know what 'pounce' meant.


By the way, I forgot to mention that Barry Friedman, the Native American blanket expert, got back to me almost immediately. He said, "Neither blanket was Indian made...both made in textile factories. Just blankets...never ponchos. ... I wouldn't consider one of your blanks [sic] an Indian blanket at all - just a patterned bed blanket. ... The other with Indians on horseback is cotton blended with synthetic fibers and is definitely from the 1940s. On EBay, where many similar blankets are sold, it would sell for $25 to no more than $100 in my opinion."


I thought I had picked all the oranges the other day. But while I was hanging laundry I thought I saw a spot of color in the tree. I investigated after I was done with the laundry and found the another orange, I'm sure its the last one this time.
Well hidden orange.

Happy Birthday to Jennifer & Dario!

No comments:

Post a Comment