Friday, December 29, 2017

Fitbit Blaze

Yesterday at lunch, Curtis gave me the last part of my Christmas present: a Fitbit Blaze. I was so tired when I got back from the Kwanzaa with Bick & Ron, I just unwrapped it and went to bed. But I kept waking up because of the pain in my knee. About 3 in the morning I decided to be productive and set up the Fitbit. It is similar to the Samsung Health app that came installed on my phone. The differences are that the Fitbit is constantly recording my movements as long as it is on my wrist; the phone can't count my steps while it is being charged. The phone says I had 316 steps today; the Fitbit 2102 steps. The Fitbit also automatically records my sleep stages; though right now it is telling me I have no Sleep Stages, it just gives me a total time spent sleeping. I have to manually enter my amount of sleep on the phone. Like the phone, the Fitbit can tell me what my heart rate is, however, it is constantly recording, not just when I put my finger on the phone sensor. Recording of calories, water intake, & weight is about the same. I am looking forward to testing it out over the next month or so; stay tuned for my review at the end of January.
Curtis got the one with the large wristband for me because his has a small wristband; we're trading wristbands tomorrow.

A little after lunch I noticed that I had gotten a text from the USPS that said that Lori's gift had arrived about an hour earlier and was dropped off "at the front door." I did not hear the postal carrier arrive at all & found the boxes at the garage door. I wasn't expecting them for a few days; Hammacher Schlemmer always surprises me with how quickly they deliver, they're faster than Amazon. Photos of exactly what I got for her will be posted later.


Later in the day UPS arrived with another package; I had not ordered anything else. It turns out it was a package from Kasondra; she was helping Sam during the 1st week of the O'ahu Seabird Aid program & had also stayed with us. Kasondra, like Sam, is also a cat lover as well as bird lover. She had told me about the sci-fi novel, The Man in the High Castle; I will be reading it after the New Year begins and things settle down a little. Mahalo, Kasondra!


A couple days ago I noticed that the rinse water in the dryer was about half of the wash water level. I called Sears for service; the technician was here this afternoon. Did you know that some washers do not fill the same amount of water on the wash cycle as they do on the rinse cycle? I did not. Apparently the GE washer that Mom bought only fills up 1/3 on the rinse cycle. Unless I use the fabric softener Power Rinse cycle; then it will fill up to the same level as the wash cycle. I think for very dirty laundry I will use the Power Rinse cycle.

Happy Birthday to Jesse, Lynne, Eric, Sarah, & Ava!

No comments:

Post a Comment