Sunday, December 10, 2017

Getting Closer!

Curtis & Brent did a lot of work yesterday getting things ready for the carpet replacement on Monday. They moved a bunch of furniture out to the garage, instead of us paying the flooring people to move the furniture.
Storage in front of RAV4.
Living room, looking towards west wall.
Living room, looking northerly.
Living room, east wall.
Cat hair from where the couch was located. Chibi spent most of her 1st 2 years in Hawai'i hiding under this couch.
This window was like kitty TV. The red-whiskered bulbuls came back several times to taunt Shiro.

The first thing I did today was get the guest room ready for Dad to move in to it and use it while they are tearing up the carpet in his room. After that I worked on packing up my bedroom.
My bedroom, lookng easterly. Mom's clothes is on the left; mine is on the right.
My bedroom, looking southerly. The dresser has already been moved.
My bedroom, looking westerly. The things on the bed are temporarily there before being moved out of the room.

About 5 this evening, Curtis, Lori, Brent, & Shaun came over to help pack & move some more. We concentrated on Dad's room, including cleaning the screen & jalousies in his room. We took down the curtain and are getting rid of it since it was so dirty and would most likely disintegrate if it gets washed. (That happened to a curtain in Kohala.)
L to R: Curtis, Shaun, & Brent almost done with moving everything out.
Yuk! Look at that dust! Behind the dresser to the right looked like the whole 46 years worth of accumulated dust.

After we had Dad's bedroom squared away, we headed to Zippy's in Kahala for dinner. Lori had the large Portuguese Bean Soup, Shaun had the Oriental Salad dinner, Brent had the Salmon Catch of the Day, I had the Boca Burger with onion rings, and Curtis had his usual Chili Burrito. I forgot my phone so these were taken with Brent's phone.
Portuguese Bean Soup. (Photo by Lori)
Oriental Chicken Salad. (Photo by Shaun)
Salmon Catch of the Day. (Photo & Thumbs Up by Brent)
Boca Burger.
Chili Burrito. (Photo by Curtis)

Earlier I had mentioned that Dad was in the guest room; I'm in the computer room. I set up the cot and will be sleeping here with the room door open so that I can see whether Dad wanders off to his old bedroom.
A little tight but it'll be fine for 4 days.

Happy Birthday to Gabriele & Lynda!

No comments:

Post a Comment