Saturday, December 23, 2017

Interesting Vases

This morning I began unpacking boxes to put things back on the shelves. It is very slow going because we want to purge things as we go. When we were packing we did the first round of purging, getting rid of things that were obviously broken or of no value. Now we are going through things to see what to keep and what to send to a garage sale or donate or give away to people we know will appreciate the item. Here are some of the things I found today.

This was a Christmas present to Mom from about 10 years ago; it had 2 retractable key chains from Harrah's in it.
The Four Queens still exists; the Cable Motel is now a Travelodge. These went in the garage sale bag.
These appear to be copper; we're hanging on to these for now.

While I was doing that Bick called to see if I would be available to pick them up after they completed their shopping. I only needed to complete one load of laundry, so I said yes.  That one load of laundry, however, proved to be somewhat problematic. It contained 2 patchwork quilts that were covering the white couch; they were filthy. The rinse water was light brown so I put it through another wash & rinse cycle. The rinse water looked much better so I called it good.

After I had all the laundry hung out, Bick called and said they were ready to be picked up. But the traffic getting into the Walmart parking garage was terrible! It was also very slow once I got in to the parking garage. I finally got to where they were, we quickly loaded up, and left. On the way back to the condo we passed by the building with the hole that Curtis told me about a couple of weeks ago; this time I was able to get a good photo showing the "hole".


After we unloaded everything at the condo, we went to Siam Square for lunch. Their menu has a warning right on the front cover.
It's on the second floor.


We ended up getting several dishes, including Drunkard's Noodles (aka Pad Kee Mao), Stuffed Chicken Wings, Minced Meat Salad (aka Larb Gai when made with chicken), Papaya Salad (aka Som Tum), Lemongrass Chicken, and Red Rice. Everything was great! A word of caution, however, the spicy scale is mild, medium, and spicy. The "mild" for the Pad Kee Mao was spicier than the "mild" for the other dishes. I got photos before we finished everything off.
Drunkard's Noodles (aka Pad Kee Mao).
Stuffed Chicken Wings.
The stuffing in the chicken wings.
Lemongrass Chicken.
Papaya Salad (aka Som Tum).
Minced Meat Salad (aka Larb Gai).
Red rice.

We saw an angel's trumpet in full bloom while we were walking around.


We went to visit Mrs. Vea after lunch. Bick took some malasadas to her; I brought more pomelo for Mrs. Lum. Later Mrs. Vea came by with some ice cream for Dad!


Happy Birthday to Jody & Mariangela!

No comments:

Post a Comment