Monday, December 25, 2017

Mele Kalikimaka!

We went to Aunty Judy's house for Christmas dinner and Dad went with us! The food was great, everyone brought something; we brought Fluffy Dinner Rolls and Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies. We had a great time; Dad stayed downstairs in Aunty Judy's hideaway, watching his favorite TV shows and visiting with people who came downstairs. Upstairs we played 5 Second Rule and other games.


David & Sarah left today about midday. We did the last coffee bracket this morning; we started it the first morning they were here, comparing 10% Kona, 100% Kona, 100% Ka'u, & 100% Maui Moka coffee. Since we only had 2 coffee makers, and they were only here 5 days, we did a bracketed comparison rather than a head to head comparison. I prepped the 2 coffee makers each morning without telling them what I was brewing. The coffee they liked the best was the 100% Maui Moka. When you come to visit, and you would like to do this, you need to be here with us for at least 4 mornings.


Sam sent presents to me and the kitties. We all loved our presents! She was looking for fabric with wedge-tailed shearwaters but couldn't find any. So the bag has American goldfinches on it; they are the state bird of both New Jersey (where Sam is from) and Washington (where I was living).

Chibi attacking the kitty toy.
Shiro's turn with the toy.

After David & Sarah left I started a batch of Whole Wheat Fluffy Dinner Rolls & Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies. It turns out I can make both in a little over 4 hours since they both have at least one rise/resting period of at least 30 minutes. One of the things I did that helps speed things up is I marked the cutting board I use for cutting the dinner rolls.


This morning I texted holiday greetings to a bunch of friends and family. I started getting responses, some included photos.
From Tomiko, snow at Aunty Florence's house. (Photo by Aunty Florence)
The Ikaika 'Ohana. (Photo by Suzanne)
Bruddah Ace.

Mary Ellen also sent some photos of their Christmas eve activities
Kai working on his gingerbread man. (Photo by Mary Ellen)
The finished product. (Photo by Mary Ellen)
Kathy working on her gingerbread people. (Photo by Mary Ellen)
Amelia making a gingerbread skeleton. (Photo by Mary Ellen)

After we got back from dinner, I opened up the rest of the gifts. I am seeing a trend in these gifts; do they think I like cats or something???
From the Ikaika 'ohana; notice the size of those red peppers!
The bag and box from Lori.
The contents.
From Jenny.
From DT, Brent, & Shaun.

Happy Birthday to Lorna, Alvin, & Doug!

No comments:

Post a Comment