Saturday, December 16, 2017

New Floor, All Pau!

Joe & Ikaika finished all the molding about lunch time so we started moving all the furniture back in. The 2 of them moved the furniture & boxes back in a little over an hour. With Curtis, Lori, Brent, Shaun, & me it took us about 2 hours to get almost everything except the beds out on Sunday; Curtis & Brent had already moved a bunch of things on Saturday. Joe & Ikaika moved Dad's 8-drawer dresser without taking the drawers out. Ikaika moved my 4-drawer dresser by himself without taking the drawers out. Joe picked up the old toilet & tank by himself & moved it without a dolly. Big, strong guys can make things go much faster!
Dad's bedroom.
My bedroom. We moved the low cabinet out to the living room.
Living room, west wall.
Living room, east wall. We're getting rid of the old couch & the old cabinet by the window.
Fortunately this is our bulk pick-up week so we can put these things out today.

The cats were really interested in checking everything out when I let them back in.
Front to Back: Xander, Shiro, & Chibi, checking things out.

They also liked watching the bird TV.


After Joe & Ikaika left I worked on cleaning up Dad's bathroom sink and getting things back in to his room so that he could sleep there tonight.


Throughout this temporary move Chibi has been sleeping in the other room with Dad most of the time. Chibi also appreciated being able to get back in to Dad's bedroom.


This morning I charged up the Minimax; its a compact charging unit for car batteries. Mom bought 2 of them, one for Curtis & one for me. We have not used them yet, but we're going to try it on the RAV4 which has a dead battery. They pushed it part way out of the garage in order to start moving the furniture to the garage; now we need to get it back in the garage and pushing it back in is not an option. We'll try it tomorrow when Curtis comes over.


One of the cool things about all the moving has been finding interesting things. One of the things I found was the old Underwood typewriter that Mom had. I remember practicing for my Typing Class on this thing. Yes, Typing Class, in high school. I know it wasn't an elective, so it must have been a required class for everyone. (If it was an elective I would have skipped it!) I think it has now morphed into "Keyboarding"; who types nowadays anymore?


Happy Birthday to Adnan!

1 comment: