Thursday, December 14, 2017

New Floor, Day 3

Joe & Ikaika started out the morning by finishing off filling the low spots and grinding the high spots down. After lunch they started working on laying down the new flooring material.
Joe finishing off the bedroom & moving in to the hallway.

By 2 when they took a break Joe & Ikaika had completed the flooring in my room and were starting on Dad's room.




While they were doing that I decided to have a cup of tea to warm up since the doors were still open. I found out there is a lot of tea! It might be because Mom had it on 2 different shelves or perhaps it was the dementia causing her to forget that she already had that particular tea. There are over 20 boxes, which translates to over 300 bags of tea! She had 4 boxes of genmai cha and 6 boxes of green tea!


I also found some non-tea stuff in the pile of tea boxes.
I think the one on the left are very dried prunes.

Joe & Ikaika left as Dad & I were sitting down to dinner. Because the concrete floor was so uneven and took so much prep time, they said they will be finished on Saturday instead of tomorrow. But they will get Dad's bathroom done tomorrow morning so that it will be ready for the toilet installation.



The cats checked out today's work. I think they're going to like it; Shiro & Chibi were galloping around this evening.


I found a cartoon that highlights the weather we have been having these past couple of weeks.


Happy Birthday to Richard!

No comments:

Post a Comment