Friday, December 1, 2017

Taking Care of Business

This morning Curtis & I went to see Harold at HG Capital, who is financial advisor for both of us. Curtis had some papers to turn in & a bunch of questions; I had to take care of some details to get my new account that Harold has started working properly. I had done the first part (letting Harold know what amounts were transferred in and out on the test run) but had not completed the second part; Harold helped me get on the Folio Institutional site and do that this morning. Now I will get an additional $1000 automatically transferred to my account every month.


I also needed to update Harold on my Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) application. I had not heard from Tim at Hawaii Community Federal Credit Union since I dropped things off during my previous trip, so I e-mailed him on Wednesday. He responded the same day saying he finally got the title report & that the next step is the appraisal; the appraiser will call me. This morning he e-mailed me with the appraiser's name and told me more about the delay on the title. He said there had never been a title search on the property so it took an extra long time for the title company to do a complete search.

We went to lunch at Korean Express BBQ after we left Harold's. You select your protein, then choose your sides. If you opt for no rice, they give you an extra side with your order. Curtis had the Spicy Chicken with no rice, so he got a total of 5 sides. I did the Mini Bulgogi with rice & 2 sides; I chose the kimchee buchimgae (kim chee pancakes) & kongnamool (Korean bean sprouts). They also have non-Korean entrees; it was very busy. I want to go back and try more of the sides.

Clockwise from main entree Spicy Chicken, sauteed cabbage, kkakdugi (radish kim chee), steamed broccoli, kongnamool & miyeok muchim (seaweed salad).
Clockwise from rice, kongnamool, kimchee buchimgae, & bulgogi.

On the way to the restaurant we saw a new parking garage that was being constructed. It had a really nice facade that made it look a lot nicer than other parking garages.


From the restaurant we could see a bunch of new buildings that all had a unique look. Curtis said he thinks its a matter of one-upsmanship rather than a city architectural design code. Whatever it is, it makes for a less boring skyline. (I have no idea what these buildings are.)

On the way back we saw another building that we had discussed at lunch. It has a "hole" in the building. This photo didn't quite capture the "hole". I will have to find a better angle to highlight it. The "hole" is between the two towers that are joined at the top by the upper floors.

When I got back I continued working on financial stuff. I went over all my credit card charges and set up the automatic payments. And balanced the checkbook for 1 of the 8 bank accounts that I am responsible for (most are for Dad); will work on more of them tomorrow. The end of the month & the start of the next one is always busy. Did I mention that I don't like doing this type of stuff? Unfortunately I am good at this because of my attention to detail, so I do it.

Yesterday I e-mailed Pendleton Woolen Mills, they're known for their Native-inspired blankets. I thought they might be able to give us some information about the blankets we found. They responded today, they don't have a searchable data base, but they did give me the name & contact information of the expert in the field, Barry Friedman. I will be contacting him to see if he can tell us anything.

When Sam got back this evening all the cats came out to greet her. They know she's got treats for them! They are really going to miss her when she leaves next Tuesday.

Happy Birthday to Paul!

No comments:

Post a Comment