Sunday, December 17, 2017

USPS Open on Sunday!

Winner! I got 5 of my 7 holiday packages mailed while I was in Kohala. But I forgot a key item for 2 of the packages; so I had to bring them back to complete them. But the floor project started a day after I got back & I did not want to leave the house while Joe & Ikaika were here. I trusted them, but Dad's dementia was causing him to not want people he doesn't know in the house. And although he never woke up and came out between meals while they were here, it was easier to stay put & not have to worry about what might be happening.

I heard that 6 of the post offices on the island would have special hours today in order for people to get packages to the continental US in time for Christmas; the Priority mail deadline was yesterday. If you want to pay more for Priority Express the deadline is December 20th. I went to the post office this morning and mailed those last 2 packages; my receipt says they'll arrive on the 22nd. Yay!
I used self-service & was done in 15 minutes; otherwise I would have been that last person in line.

After I got back I fed Dad lunch, then took a nap for a couple of hours. I needed to catch up on my sleep. That cot was probably better than sleeping directly on the floor especially with the cold weather that we've been having, but was not comfortable. And having a couple of cats sleeping with me kept me from being able to get in to a comfortable position. It's great being back in my own bedroom where I can close the door! The kitties are also happy that they don't need to stay out in the cat run all day.

When Curtis & I talked about putting the things out by the side of the road for bulk pick up, we joked about someone coming to pick up the old couch. This evening when I went to put the garbage out for tomorrow, the couch was gone and so was Mom's old dresser! Earlier in the year when we put out some other things for bulk pick up about half of them were picked up by other people passing by; one of the perks of living on a well traveled street.
Only the broken toilet & cabinet are left.

Happy Birthday to BJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment