Monday, December 18, 2017

Where in the World is the Present?

Last Wednesday, as I was looking through my e-mails, I found a great gift for Curtis! I clicked on the link to purchase it. Auwe! Amazon said it would arrive after Christmas. So I Googled to see if I could find it anywhere else and discovered that the company selling the item was located about 15 minutes away! So I e-mailed to see if I could pick one up that day. Auwe! It was only the developer's office, the product was warehoused in California. But I was given a code to get a kama'aina discount. So I went on-line & ordered, Curtis will just have an extended Christmas.

It turns out I couldn't get the discount code to work, so I e-mailed & Alyssa posted a refund to my credit card. About an hour after I ordered, I was sent a link with the USPS tracking number. I found out the next day that my order was delivered to the post office on Thursday and on Friday it was in transit. It was estimated to arrive here today! Yay!
It arrived today! But you'll have to wait until Christmas to see what I got Curtis since he reads the blog.

I spent a bunch of time unpacking boxes so I could return them to Curtis for him to use for his remodel. I planned to put things back on the shelf by the garage door. I ended up moving the boxes that came in from the garage so they were closer to their final resting places (which was not on the shelf I was trying to work on), but I didn't want to put anything on the tables near the front window since we have to move that furniture so we can install the new vertical blinds; so those 2 didn't get unpacked. And I didn't want to put all the figurines back on the shelves in the living room until after David helps me put sliders under them; so that 1 didn't get unpacked. Then I realized I needed to start from the front of the pile of boxes in the dining room, which meant a lot more boxes didn't get unpacked today. But I did move clothes from Mom's dresser and clothes from a couple of drawers from Dad's dressers in to garbage bags to free up 2 boxes.

I did put all of Dad's shoes back in to the cabinet by the back door. And also put my shoes on the rolling shelf; they were just sitting on the floor.
Dad's shoes. The cabinet used to also have about a dozen pairs of Mom's shoes.
Top shelf: my shoes; bottom shelf: cat sleeping space.

Tomorrow at breakfast with Curtis, I will be taking 4 boxes, the hand truck, the 2 dollies, and a couple of shirts for Lori. After breakfast I will be helping him move an entertainment center over to our house so he has more room to move things around so they can host a Christmas eve dinner.

The cats were taking advantage of the quiet day. Chibi slept in the sun. Xander was being needy and following me around; he would lie down and sleep where ever I was. Shiro slept in his favorite place on the chair under the dining room table.
Solar Kitty.
Needy kitty.

While I was unpacking this morning I realized I could see House #2 from the living room. It is in the framing stage and I could see the 2nd story. I am hoping it is not one of those monster houses that are in the news. I am hoping it is just a large 'ohana house. I guess I better start working on training the yellow 'oha'i ali'i in to a tree so that it can block the view of that house, whatever it turns out to be.


Happy Birthday to Michelle, Delbert, Uncle Bruce, Crystal, & Deandra!

No comments:

Post a Comment