Sunday, January 7, 2018

#5 of 14 Alaska

State #5 on my Jetsetter Map is Alaska. I spent a month in Alaska but only 1 day of it was on land, in Anchorage. One day was in port in Dutch Harbor but on a boat. The rest of the time was on a boat for NOAA in the Bering Sea. It was a great job! At the end of my 6-month temporary position I was offered a full-time permanent position with NOAA; but it was in IT and I wouldn't be able to go out on the boat. I turned it down. (I had been hired for my IT & fisheries backgrounds; at the time the combination was rare. They had funds to hire a permanent IT person but not a fisheries person.)


I started cleaning out the drawer in the dining room because I didn't have enough room to put the new table cloth away. I found a bunch of furoshiki, napkins, dish towels, pot scrubbers, and pot holders. We're putting a bunch of the home made pot scrubbers and home made pot holders in to the garage sale pile. The candle, bell, and bear pot holders look like they might be hand made, they're old and slightly used; they're also going in the garage sale pile. We know Mom didn't make them, she wasn't much of a seamstress.
We're giving this one to Anita; it matches her autumn decor.



Happy Birthday to Ben & Bick!

No comments:

Post a Comment