Thursday, January 4, 2018

Bomb Cyclone

Listening to the news the weather on the East coast seems to be quite bad; something called a bomb cyclone. I texted Suzanne to see how they are doing in Virginia. She said they didn't get much snow but the temperatures were much lower than usual, 11 degrees F when she sent the photo below, but it is expected to get down to 6 or 7 degrees tonight. Here's the river behind their house, it's frozen over!
The frozen Occoquon River.

I scraped off another state on the Jetsetter Map. This is state #2 of the 14 states that I have been to. My criteria is that I have spent at least 1 night in the state; driving through or just seeing the airport while changing planes doesn't count for me. State #2 is Washington! I've spent time in both western & eastern Washington.


I continued straightening up after the New Year's dinner; the message banner is down & put away and the new table cloth is washed & put away. Now the living room and dining room look the way they normally do. And the cats are sleeping in the dining room as usual; they had been sleeping on the dining room chairs while the chairs were sitting out in the living room. Which meant they left a trail of washable cat litter granules in the living room. Since the Cat Genie washes the granules each time the cats use the Cat Genie, the ones dropped in the living room are clean ones that get stuck between their toes on their way out of the box.

Today is the 2nd anniversary of the last day that I worked. I count this as my last work day; the County says my official last work day was the 8th because I used up the last of my vacation days after the 4th.

Happy Birthday to Mary, Tom, Jim, Kristin, Dave, Molly, & Gyassi!

No comments:

Post a Comment