Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Excitement Last Night

Last night I heard a siren, then I heard a large truck stop nearby. I could see red flashing lights coming through the windows. It turns out a firetruck & ambulance were parked in front of the Loi's house. As I watched it became apparent that they were actually going to the Kong's house next door to the Loi's.


Today was Breakfast Day! We went to the Kapiolani Coffee Shop; which is on Kamehameha Highway, not Kapiolani Boulevard. Go figure! Curtis had the Eggs with Portuguese Hot Dog; I had the Lup Cheong Omelet.
Eggs with Portuguese Hot Dog. (Photo by Curtis)
Lup Cheong Omelet.

After breakfast we went to Sam's Club to check on the Boost Plus supplement; the Boost Compact we have been giving Dad is being discontinued so we have to find another supplement. Kaiser suggested the Boost Plus that they carry; Curtis said they had that at Sam's Club so we went to check the price. It turns out Sam's Club had Boost High Protein, not Boost Plus. The Plus has 30% more calories than the High Protein, it also has 1 g less protein, over 50% more fat, about 25% less potassium, and about 25% more; everything else was pretty much the same. It was about $10/case cheaper so we got a case. I gave one to Dad tonight. He liked it!

While at Sam's Club we picked up a few more items, including Biofreeze! I have been using Biofreeze for a very long time; I decided to get some to help my knee. And anything else I might do to myself in the future.


I checked out Curtis & Lori's addition. The tile roof has been installed, the Tyvek vapor barrier is installed, and the siding is now being worked on; they anticipate being completed with the entire addition, inside & out, in about 6 weeks. Then they will be working on the kitchen remodel.
The sidewalk was poured yesterday.

State #7 on my Jetsetter Map is Utah. I've been there several times visiting my husband's father (when we were still married) and visiting friends on later trips. On one of the later trips, we drove through the state to get to Las Vegas.


Happy Birthday to Claire!

No comments:

Post a Comment