Friday, January 5, 2018

Mystery Solved!

On Thursday I got an e-mail that said FedEx was picking up a package in Kailua-Kona for me; ETA today. Since I had not ordered anything I contacted Curtis to see if the Deebot he was ordering for me was coming from Kona; which sounded a little flaky. It wasn't his order. The package arrived today; it is my Home Equity Line of Credit paperwork! I can't believe the number of places I have to sign and the number of places where that signature has to be notarized. It was probably the same when I got my mortgage but when I was reading through and signing as I was going along it seemed like a lot less than seeing every place marked all at once.
I've never seen so many signature flags! I'm glad they're color-coded!

I started brushing the cats a couple days ago to collect fur to try making one of the cat hair projects from Crafting With Cat Hair. With mixed results. I brushed Xander & Shiro two times each for 3 minutes. I was only able to brush Chibi for about 15 seconds total. Obviously she doesn't like being brushed. The amount of fur I harvested from Xander & Shiro was very different.
Fur harvested from (L to R) Xander, Shiro, & Chibi.
Here's a close-up of what I got from each of the cats; this is from Xander after 6 minutes.
Here's what I got from Shiro after 6 minutes; it's very soft and fine.
I don't think Chibi will be contributing much for this project.

Curtis, Lori, DT, and Lori's parents dropped by this morning. I gave them Lori's banner and the frame for Curtis' Jetsetter Map. Later Curtis sent me a photo of his map in the frame with the current states he has been to scraped off. He's holding off on scraping off the Michigan Upper Peninsula until he goes through there when he's in Wisconsin.
Curtis' map of states he has been to so far. Getting to every state is No. 1 on his Bucket List. (Photo by Curtis)

DT told me that the doorbell didn't work when they got here this morning. So I checked it out. The doorbell itself had a dead A23 battery in it. I didn't have any new A23 batteries so I checked the ones in the 2 door sensors and I found that one of them was still strong enough to trigger the doorbell even though it could not trigger the sensor. There are 2 chimes for the doorbell & sensors; one plugs in to the wall, the other requires batteries, C batteries. I found out someone had put AA batteries in it; probably Mom. The batteries were also corroded. I found new C batteries and replaced the AA's; both chimes now work. I got new A23 batteries this afternoon and will replace the others tomorrow.
AA batteries in a C battery holder.

I scraped off state #3 of 14 on my Jetsetter Map. I've been to both western & eastern Oregon visiting friends and family. I also went hunting for matsutake mushrooms on Mount Hood; we didn't find any. And I spent a week at a government training on Native American culture & jurisdictional responsibilities; even though it was just across the state line I had to fill out all kinds of paperwork because it was an out-of-state training. 

No comments:

Post a Comment