Monday, January 8, 2018

Zzzzzzzzzz

I spent most of the day sleeping. I think the cooler weather is triggering my fibromyalgia symptoms again. My muscles have been a little tighter and more sore than I have been before. I looked at the Fitbit sleep information. Last night I slept almost 7 hours, waking up around 9 am; I totally didn't hear any of my alarms including the one for Xander's insulin shot. I was still really tired and went to sleep again about 11:45 and got up around 4:30 pm. During the midday nap I spent 76% of my time in light sleep, the normal is 40% to 60%; my 30-day average is 57%. According to Fitbit, "... light sleep is really important. It ... promotes mental and physical restoration." Guess I really needed that! I did feel a lot better when I woke up.

Last March, we cleaned the computer room out and found some bottles of champagne and wine, in a box in the corner. We took one of the bottles of wine to Curtis' neighbor who enjoys wine. Aunty Florence and Tomiko checked out the other bottle of wine. We were left with the 5 bottles of champagne. During the short period I was awake in the morning, I sent some messages off to see if I could find out more about the champagne.
The handwritten notes are from Dad.

I went to the websites for G. H. Mumm & Co. and Andre Champagne and sent a message through their Contact Us page. I also sent a message via The Mountain Winery website; they bought the Paul Masson Winery. I was unable to find a website for Botticelli or any information about which company might have taken over for them. About an hour later Andre had responded, "Our winemakers recommend that our champagne be consumed within 12 months of its bottling date for optimum taste and quality." They also described how to find the laser stamped date; I couldn't find it, so it's probably really old. I wonder if vinegar gets better with age?

The strawberries have been enjoying the cooler weather. I found about a dozen flowers and newly forming berries this morning.


State #6 on my Jetsetter Map is Nevada. We have had several family reunions in Las Vegas, we took Mom there twice while she was ill including for her birthday, and I went to a week long mining conference in Reno. On one trip we drove through Nevada, it was very hot; we had the air conditioning on full blast from the moment we got in the car but it still heated up.


Happy 46th Anniversary to Pam & Dennis!

No comments:

Post a Comment