Sunday, February 18, 2018

Flash Flood Alerts

Today my phone was buzzing with alerts! They were only "Severe" alerts for flash flood warnings; the missile alert (& the cancellation) came as "Extreme" alerts. There were also banners that streamed across the TV screen. Since we turned the TV on at about 5:15 to watch the news until about 6:30 when Dad went back to bed, it went off 3 times. Each time extended the flash flood warning; it is now up to 10 pm. The rain appears to be a little heavier than the rain on Valentine's Day. There was also lightning and thunder. And the power went out for about 15 minutes just after Dad went back to bed.
Yes, it looks like the 02/14 rain photo, but the solid stream of water extends down to the bottom of the Loi's window.

I finally collated all the 2017 receipts for cat-related expenses. I itemized the expenses by cat; Xander was the big winner, I spent almost $7000 on him last year! It was the 2-day hospitalization for pancreatitis, the ultrasound, and the more intensive boarding expenses because he needs twice daily insulin shots. Earlier I thought it was closer to $4000, so I told Kai I would help him out with $4000 worth of stuff this year. I guess I better tell him its more like $7000. He has already requested help with new boots to replace his 5 year old boots that are starting to wear through the soles (and can't be resoled due to how the uppers are attached to the soles), an ergonomic chair to help relieve his back pain while sitting at the computer, more art supplies, a new battery for his phone, and repairs to the old Subaru. I think the chair might be the most expensive thing on Kai's list.
The Seven Thousand Dollar Cat; doesn't have quite the same ring as The Six Million Dollar Man.

Happy Birthday to Tami & David!

No comments:

Post a Comment