Thursday, February 15, 2018

New License Plate Is Here

My new Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park license plate arrived today! A part of the fee for the special license plate goes towards maintenance of the park. There is another plate that provides fees for Haleakala National Park; it has a nene on the plate.

When I ran Dee the Jumping Spiderbot this morning, there was a little accident with the eyes. The Deebot ended up sucking up a couple of its own eyes. I need to find another way to attach the eyes to the Deebot.
Would this be self-cannibalism?

Two nights ago I apparently pressed the start button on the Deebot in the correct pattern to get it to think I want it to automatically start cleaning at 8:45 pm. It has been doing that the last 2 nights. I thought turning it on manually at other times reset the auto-start; it apparently doesn't. I now need to figure out how to reset it for the morning and cancel the evening cleaning. Tonight it stopped cleaning about 15 minutes after it started because it had been cleaning Dad's room during dinner and wasn't fully charged yet.

Speaking of Dad, he got out of bed twice today! Once for breakfast and then again for dinner. I ran the Deebot in his room both times he was awake. In the morning he was only awake about an hour, but in the evening he was out for several hours, long enough for the Deebot to do its full 110 minutes of cleaning in his room. I was pleasantly surprised to find the Deebot dust bin did not have very much in it. I have been finding less in the dust bin in other rooms as well. I think the purchase of the Deebot has been money well spent! I can run it while I do other things and its battery recharges fairly quickly so I can actually run it a couple times a day. I do still have to run the Shark in some of the areas that the Deebot has trouble with, like in the dining room with all the table and chair leg obstacles. But it makes keeping the floor clean much easier. However, I wouldn't be able to do this if the old carpet was still here; there are other types of robot vacuums that say they work on carpet.

Happy Birthday to Frances, Cindy, Sandy, Joel, & Dan!

No comments:

Post a Comment