Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Rain, Rain Go Away

Kai left this morning. Very early. We were leaving the house at 6 in the morning. On the way to the airport we ran into a very heavy downpour. On my way back it was still there. Later it moved eastward and engulfed the house; it was 70 degrees.


When I got home from the airport I found that Dad was awake and sitting in the family room; he was awake when Kai left, so Kai was able to say 'Good Bye' to Grandpa before he left. I gave Dad his breakfast that had been waiting for him in the refrigerator. Then I went back to bed! I had only gotten 2&1/2 hours of sleep before I had to get up to get Kai ready for the airport.

About 1pm I got a message from Kai, he had arrived in San Francisco. He said that they had a small delay leaving because United changed the plane they were on from a 737 to a 777 because the day before there was a 737 that lost part of an engine cowling; they were checking all their 737's. Kai said the 777 was faster & more comfortable than a 737 so he was happy. According to the check-in paperwork his next flight was also on a 777.

About 5pm Kai sent a message saying he had arrived at Sea-Tac; it was 43 degrees and raining. Mary Ellen picked him up, now I'm waiting for photos of Louie devouring his Chinese New Year's doggie treats from Hawai'i Doggie Bakery!

One of the things I learned from Kai's friends was that I should not be charging my phone up to 100% or totally discharging it because it kills the battery faster. The optimal levels are discharging to 15% and charging to 80% to lengthen the life of the battery. Since I just picked up a new battery a couple days ago I am following their recommendations. They also have me using a battery monitoring app so I know when I reach those points. The one they recommended is AccuBattery but it is not compatible with my Galaxy S5 phone; I'm using GSam Battery Monitor instead. Kai looked at the GSam app and said it seemed comparable to AccuBattery.

Happy Birthday to Gus, Julie, Lorena, Derek, Angela, & Robin! Happy 19th Anniversary to Roxanne & Curtis!

No comments:

Post a Comment