Monday, March 5, 2018

Dad's ER Follow Up

I took Dad to see Dr. Nakano this morning for his emergency room follow-up. I was able to get him in today by saying the magic words "ER follow-up"; that tip was given to me by an ER nurse. We ended up being there about 3 hours; Dr. Nakano had an earlier patient whose condition was so critical she had him go to the emergency room so she had a bunch of things she had to do for that.


After checking him out, Dr. Nakano prescribed more blood tests, an x-ray for his back (which started hurting also), gave him another antibiotic (cephalexin) since the pain & heat in his leg is moving down to his knee, and also gave him triamcinolone cream for the spot on the back of his head that now looks like a rash.


It was about 1:30 by the time we got out of Kaiser. I asked Dad if he wanted to go to Zippy's for lunch; he said, "Yes!" and sounded excited about it. Dad had the Hamburger Steak and I had the Korean Chicken Salad.Jenny was our waitress again; she was a lot better today, she only forgot one thing.
Dad with his Hamburger Steak mini plate.
Korean Chicken Salad.

When I got home I realized I had not hung out the laundry before we left. While I was doing that i saw that the last orchid bud had bloomed. It's the one that was eaten by the slug. It would have been beautiful!

Later in the evening Dr. Nakano called; some of the blood tests were back. In particular she was concerned about the white blood cell count; it was even higher than it was on Saturday. It was a good thing she added the cephalexin. She also said to stop the clindamycin since it doesn't seem to be helping. I will take Dad in on Wednesday for another blood test to see if the cephalexin is working. If things get worse before then, I take him to the ER again.

While writing this blog post I realized that I haven't brought the laundry in! Posting now so I can go get the laundry!

Happy Birthday to Alina! Happy Belated Birthday to Dr. Mimms, Marilyn, & John!

No comments:

Post a Comment