Monday, March 12, 2018

How Do You Feel?

Dr. Chawla came by to see Dad after lunch. She said his white blood cell count is still a little elevated but she liked how his leg looked; the redness was almost gone. She will be off tomorrow and on Wednesday they change teams on the floor so this will be her last visit with Dad unless he is here for more than another week.
Dr. Chawla: How do you feel? Dad: With my hands.

Dad did a good job on his lunch today; he ate most of the turkey, all the ice cream, & all the iced tea. Hopefully he does well with dinner also. Curtis went out to lunch with some of his friends from work; I went to the Sunrise Cafe. I had the Wagyu Cheeseburger; not sure if that is a trademarked name or just a name. This definitely was not the best way to show this off if it really was Wagyu beef; which I don't really believe because it was only $7.90. The Wagyu burgers I saw at the Shirokiya Japan Village Walk were closer to $25 each!
Wagyu Cheeseburger with Popchips. Definitely not a $25 burger.

Dad was feeling good enough to be playing poker a couple times after lunch. I'm glad I was able to find another handheld poker game for him to give him an alternative to watching TV or just lying in bed.
Dad with his handheld poker game.

I always bring snacks when I go to the hospital, whether it is the ER or just to sit in Dad's room. This is my standard snack. No, I don't take the whole bag of Trader Joe snacks, I just take one of those 10 smaller packets.
L to R: Vita Coco coconut water, my favorite Trader Joe's Trek Mix, and a bottle of water.

Every hour when the Fitbit tells me I have not reached my 250 steps, I take a walk around the floor. There is a nice loop I can make from Dad's room out to the elevator lobby, then down the hall to the cafeteria, and back up another hallway back to Dad's room. Part of the route takes me past an area where I can look down to the main lobby and see a large mural on the wall.


Part of my walking route takes me past the outer wall of the cafeteria where there is a series of signs giving a brief history of the Kaiser Permanente organization.
In Hawai'i he's remembered for more than just his hospitals.



Happy Birthday to Jeff & Andrew!

No comments:

Post a Comment