Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Koa Cafe

We went to breakfast today at Koa Cafe in Kapolei; there are several of them run by the same family. Curtis had the Meat Lovers Omelette; I had the Angry Korean Benedict. The benedict came with a potato medley composed of a purple sweet potato, an orange sweet potato, and a regular potato. I need to go back and try the Guava Lava Mochi Waffle.

Meat Lovers Omelette (without the carhs).
Angry Korean Benedict with Potato Medley (but without Sriracha).

There was a cool mural on the wall of a syrup wave getting ready to engulf a stack of pancakes! The Koa Pancake House restaurants are known for their pancakes and waffles.


I checked in on Curtis and Lori's remodel. The trim has been installed around the windows and doors. And the doors have been installed.
Looking at the walk-in shower in the master bathroom from the doorway.
Looking in to the walk-in shower area.
Master bedroom door is to the right.

The doorways in the new area are 36 inches wide; the International Conference of Building Officials (ICBO) recommended codes that were used in the county I worked for says interior doors need to be a minimum of 32 inches wide for wheelchair access and exterior doors need to be a minimum of 36 inches for egress. Apparently there are no laws here dealing with accessibility issues! But there are several bills in the current legislature seeking to change that. Besides the width of doorways, the bills are also seeking to have light switches & electrical outlets within comfortable reach, one no-step entrance, space to use a wheelchair in food preparation areas, a half or preferably full bath on the main floor, and bathroom walls that can support grab bars. The Kohala house has 5 of the 6 items proposed; I did not think about the level of the light switches and electrical outlets. I'll make sure I do that in future work. (I don't remember those being in the ICBO but I'm sure they must be.)

Dad had a bad night last night, so consequently I had a bad night. According to the Fitbit, I slept 2 hours & 19 minutes last night. Dad was making a lot of noise moaning, but when I checked he was asleep. He got up about 6:30 saying he needed to go to the bathroom, when I helped him sit up he said he needed to lie down and didn't need to go to the bathroom. Auwe! I checked one more time before I went to breakfast but he said he just needed to sleep, which he did.

Once I got  back from breakfast I checked on Dad; he was still sleeping. I woke him up and gave him his antibiotic and put another lidocaine patch on his leg; he had taken the other one off but didn't remember that he did that. He was having a lot of pain when he needed to stand up to get to the bathroom.

The Kaiser Home Health coordinator called later in the afternoon. The visiting nurse will be here tomorrow. Yay! He will check Dad out and also take blood samples so that we can see if the Cephalexin antibiotic is working. Dr. Nakano is also having a physical therapist come to the house to teach Dad how to get out of bed easier and work to increase his strength. I am also going to ask about how I should be helping him stand when he has fallen.

On the way to Curtis' house this morning I saw a car with a great license plate! Obviously Chibi doesn't really need a car, unless she is being chauffeured around!


Happy Birthday to Eddie!

No comments:

Post a Comment