Friday, March 2, 2018

Let There Be Light

When I first started coming back several times a year I did a lot of repairs around the house. I think it was because Mom & Dad did not want people they did not know coming in to the house and doing work; they had heard too many stories of people taking advantage of kupuna. After a couple of years of visits, and especially after having moved back full-time, I had fixed a whole bunch of things. Last night a new repair came up; the light over the breakfast counter burnt out. It was a plug-in fluorescent unit mounted under the cabinet.
The dead old light.

I have replaced it with a bright white LED unit; the mounting screws are not quite in the same place. But the warm light it gives off is really great! It's also brighter & has a lifetime warranty.
Old light (top) and new light (bottom).
The new LED light.

I picked up another copy of Hawaiian Anchialine Pools; I'm going to give it to the residents at Pu'uhonua o Waianae. It has a lot of information about anchialine pools and the 'opae'ula. It will give them some background to help care for the pools that are on the Pu'uhonua o Waianae site. I am also checking to see if I can find someone willing to teach the residents how to help preserve the anchialine pools there.


I picked the book up at Mutual Publishing; unfortunately for me they are located about 1 mile & less than a 5 minute drive away. And they encourage people to pick up books that they order on line. I ended up with a few other books, including this one for Justine & Ursula!


Happy Birthday to Ayla & Brienne!

No comments:

Post a Comment