Tuesday, April 10, 2018

All Dad's Tests Are Negative

Today Dr. Collis ordered more MRI scans of Dad's head and left thigh. They showed no source of infection, only age-related changes. Because he has been on the antibiotics for 5 & 1/2 weeks now and his white blood cell count has remained down at normal levels, they discontinued the Meropenem. Now we will wait & see what happens; they are hoping he will be more alert and engaged with things around him.
Kevin set Dad up in the chair for PT, but he fell asleep.

We discussed Dad's future treatment over lunch at Sunrise Cafe. The entree choices were Pork Adobo, Boston Baked Cod, Spicy Eggplant, or Italian Pesto Roast Beef. Curtis had the Spicy Eggplant, I went with the salad again.
Spicy Eggplant. (Photo by Curtis)
Salad. (It's not your eyes, it's out of focus.)

Dad's roommate, Dallas, was moved to another room in the afternoon, so his bed was empty. I was able to look out to the lawn and saw the black & white cat that I saw on Sunday evening in the lanai area. I was able to get some really good photos of it today because I could get right up to the window and it was walking close to the building, ignoring me.
Black & white cat.

In the early evening, while at the hospital, Patrick from the Hawai'i Wildlife Center called. He had left a couple of messages for the Hui Manu-o-Ku to see if they could renest a manu-o-ku fledgling, but had not yet gotten a return call. If they didn't call he would need the manu-o-ku picked up, kept overnight, then transported tomorrow morning. Fortunately Hui Manu-o-Ku called back a couple hours later. They returned the fledgling to the tree, where one of the parents was waiting for it with a beak full of fish! Yay!

I met with Dr. Sylvester at the Cat Clinic about Xander this morning. His problem: constipation. So I now have to give him cisapride, a motility enhancer. Xander has a check up in 2 weeks to see how he is doing.

When I brought Xander back home, it looked like Shiro really missed him. I sat on the couch to rest my back and was quickly covered by cats!  

The new refrigerator parts arrived yesterday, but I didn't find it until this morning because I didn't turn the garage light on when I got home. The next repair session with Sears is scheduled for the 19th. And that's a good thing because the fridge is now freezing my drinking water! Auwe!
That's a bubble under the ice on the top of my water glass.

I was so tired last night, I forgot to bring the laundry in. And because I have the water sprinkler on a timer, it automatically watered the papayas as well as the laundry this morning! It was a sunny day today so I'm sure the laundry dried. But on the way home it started to drizzle; the laundry was damp when I got home so I had to throw everything in the dryer.
Very wet laundry this morning.

Chibi is such a sweetheart. She thought I might be missing Xander and his antics, so some time during the night she puked in front of my bedroom door! Fortunately it was not as much as Xander and its a lot easier to clean up on the faux wood floor.


Happy Birthday to Aarene & Anabel! And Happy 41st Anniversary to Susie & Greg!

No comments:

Post a Comment