Saturday, April 21, 2018

Fran Comes to Visit

Yesterday, cousin Fran called to say she was coming to visit Dad. A short while later she called; she was at a similarly named nursing home on the flats. So we rescheduled for today; it was worth the wait! We had a great visit.
Dad & cousin Fran.

After breakfast Dad agreed to get in the wheelchair; I also took him for a spin around the facility. I took him out to the patio to look for Popokilani; she must have had a lot of snacks earlier because she wouldn't take any of ours. So we just enjoyed the view; until it started drizzling.
Dad looks southerly at the view of the Kahala area.

Between the time I took Dad out for the walk and when Fran arrived I had a difficult time staying awake. Last night I picked Curtis up from the airport around 10:30 p.m. and took him back to his house to pick up things for his trip to Maui. It didn't make any sense to go back to the house, then run out to the airport again, so I slept over. We were up at 4 a.m. and out the door by 4:30 a.m. I got back to the house by 5 and went straight to sleep; but I still didn't get enough sleep.  

We left after Dad finished as much of his dinner as he was going to. On our way out Fran got to meet Popokilani. And this time she was very interested in the Feline Greenies treats.


Maunalani shows movies all the time for the residents. Sometimes the movies play in a loop, sometimes they are just played once. We missed the showing of Godzilla and also The Life of Pi. I'll have to keep an eye on their movie showings to see if there is something that I want to see that is coming up.


Happy Birthday to Grant!

No comments:

Post a Comment